Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday 24th February 2016...Life is a beach!!!!

Thanks to Chris for sending this to me...a great read with your morning tea or coffee!!!

Written by Andy Rooney, a man who had the gift of saying so much with so few words.  Rooney used to be on 60 Minutes t.v. show.
I've learned ....
That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
I've learned .    That when you're in love, it shows.
I've learned ....
That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.
I've learned ....
That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
I've learned ....
That being kind is more important than being right.
I've learned ....
That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
I've learned ....
That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help
him in any other way.
I've learned ....
That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a
friend to act goofy with.
I've learned ....
That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to
understand.
I've learned ....
That simple walks with my father around the block on summer
nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
I've learned ....
That life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
I've learned ....
That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
I've learned .... That money doesn't buy class.
I've learned ....
That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
I've learned ...
That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated
and loved.
I've learned ....
That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned ....
That when you plan to get even with someone,
you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
I've learned ..   That love, not time, heals all wounds.
I've learned ....
That the easiest way for me to grow as a person
is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
I've learned ....
That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
I've learned ....
That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
I've learned ...   That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
I've learned ....
That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
I've learned ....
That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I've learned ....
That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her
one more time before she passed away.
I've learned ....
That one should keep his words both soft and tender,
because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
I've learned ....
That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your
looks.
I've learned ....
That when your newly born grandchild holds your little
finger in his little fist, you're hooked for life.
I've learned ....
That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain,
but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
I've learned ....
That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

Good life lessons!!

Ok now today...
Up at 7am and it was so lovely outside so I took my book and had breakfast outside in the front garden on roo watch but no sightings!!!
Today I was going to do something I used to do lots of but in recent years have not...I was going to have a day at the beach.
About 10 minute drive from the house is a series of beaches with a walking path connecting them so the plan was start at the first and walk right to the end beach spend some time there and hike back ...and that is exactly what I did.
The forecast was for another scorcher around 34 degrees so I had 5 bottles of different liquids, some fruit and a sandwich and lots on sunscreen and away I went to the first beach


This beach was just voted in some magazine I do not know which one of the top 12 for whitest beaches in the world...



it was quite lovely and it seems all the beaches have that screechy sound when you walk on the sand it sounds like when we were kids running around the gym at school in our “runners” as they were called then you could do sudden halts and make this nasty screechy sound..well this is the same!!


The next beach was very similar


and then I came to Greensfield beach which I was told was just voted again I do not know by who as one of the top 20 beaches in the world...



again it was a really nice beach!!!

My last stop was Nelsons beach which I think is lovely...


that point at the far headland is where I am headed

here I am and looking back in my humble opinion this beach is the best of the lot



....so lovely and clean and white sand and the ocean almost Caribbean like and it was safe to swim, no rip tides or rocks..this would take my vote...

I swam lots and lazed around, people and dog watched and then had a chuckle as a family with a young girl maybe 7 years old and she had a rubber ring around her but after coming out of the ocean she decided to take the ring off and put it next to her as she sat in the surf...well there was a bit of a blustery wind and it picked up her ring and it just rolled away down the beach at a good rate of knots...the girl saw this and got up and gave chase but it was way too fast for her...her Dad caught her up and together they ran down the beach maybe 300 yards where a woman saw what was going on and got a hold of the ring...when she came back she was all smiles!!

When it was time to head back I had another last swim and then retraced my steps through the lovely forest


back to Silver Streak who was parked in the shade.

Back home around 5pm and did the same as yesterday made tea and sat out front and started a new novel on my Kobo...this is a Harlen Corben novel, another of my favourite writers.

Had left overs from yesterday for dinner and it was just as tasty and then went back to the same spot a little earlier to get these sunset shots!!


On the walk back to the house there was a lady walking her dogs and even though I am very shy and reserved I did say hello and we stopped and talked...she was really nice and married to an Englishman for 41 years and he comes from Hull....a really small world as that is where my Brother and his family live!!!!!

I have really enjoyed my two days here just what I needed.
Tomorrow I only have about 120 km to drive and my hostess Judie has invited me to go with her tomorrow morning to her favorite beach in a National park where you need a pass and she has one and she wanted to show me the beach then she said I can come back have a shower and then check out mid afternoon...so I will do that!!

On the beach my mind wondered in a 1000 directions but one thought remained constant throughout...I want to thank most sincerely all the people who are in my life...you are spread all over the world and I care and miss you all and thank you for your caring!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hola Les.... wow, more TRULY spectacular beaches. Hands down among the most beautiful I have seen. Hanalei Bay on Kauai may be my all time favorite that I have been to personally, but these were spectacular. And the photo near the end with the curve of sand and rocks in the foreground was absolutely beautiful. I may try to paint that... in an abstract fashion.

But I have a question for you... or maybe for Judie. There seem to be very few people, altho it is midweek. But given its proximity to Sydney, do these beaches get crowded on the weekends? Just curious.... thanks. I have a good friend who lives in Sydney.

Cheers! Waves from the beach in Mexico!

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the great comments and yes the beaches are wonderful but go an look at the blog I just posted about today(thursday).....it just seems not too many folks around even though it is still high season of course i like it that way..take care best wishes les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...