Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday 16th February 2016.....a little driving...a little waterfall and another day!!!

I am managing to sleep well even though last night it rained quite hard and most of the roofs in this area are tin so it does make an interesting sound especially with the heavy rain.......Carolyn(I have forgiven her for beating me) and Roger again provided a wonderful healthy breakfast and I was back on the road just after 9,30am.....not a long drive today about 110 km but I wanted to make a couple of stops on the way to my destination tonight.
Sorry this is blurred but the circles from left to right show where I stayed last night, where i stopped today and finally on the right the town of Sale where I am staying!!
My first destination was to see this waterfall

It was a short hike to the falls and with all the falls this time of the year the flow is not great but these were pretty falls and because the road to the falls is a few miles of the beaten track I had the view all to myself and again only a viewing platform no way to get to the base of the falls...


No matter how much water was flowing I always enjoy waterfalls.....
About a 30 minute drive to this National Park
The road inside the park was very narrow but beautiful with ferns and rain forest trees...



It was fun driving and soon arrived at the car park where I hiked for about one hour through lush forests, the smells were divine, the sounds of the birds interesting and it was so peaceful and soothing!!!






The tree was so tall could not fit it all into one photograph!!!
I can never go across a suspension bridge without thinking of the suspension bridge in the canyon in San Miguel..I used to hike there quite often and it is still one of my all time favorite hikes.....this was a cool bridge in the rain forest!!




It was a great hike and the drive back to the main road was uneventful.....then it was about 45 minutes to the quite large town of Sale...I stopped here and it was an interesting scene...



 I found the home where I was staying and the young married couple Belle and John were very welcoming I have my own room


 and you just know it did not take me long to get into here


 I got cleaned up then the three of us watched some reality show on TV and Belle made tea and it was a good end to what was another classic day for me.
Yashi Kochi!!!




No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...