Friday, February 05, 2016

Friday 5th february 2016 Local hikes and stuff!!!!

Well the sun came out and a lovely warm morning and my kind hosts had prepared breakfast and left it on the table as they had gone to work.....I lounged a little bit and then got packed up and went into town to buy an Internet stick...the place I am staying tomorrow night and also one of the house sits later in the month does not have Internet so the stick will give me access I used one in Mexico and they are handy and have good reception most of the time.
When I tried to download the stick onto my laptop I had issues and as there was a Harvey Norman store close by I stopped in there...Harvey Norman is a chain computer and general store through out Australia and in fact the branch in Melbourne is where I bought the lap top when I was on the cruise....boy that cruise seemed such a long time ago!!!
To cut a long story short the head technician, Jason, at the store took my computer spent some time on it and when I got it back everything was done perfectly he even took out a  VIRUS AND SHOWED ME HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!!!







I have been trying to do this for a while.....
So now I can show you where my everyday travels take me..thanks so much!!!
I then went and bought some fruit and went for my first hike of the day......this is volcano country and this lake is maybe 2 km from the town center..just amazing how vibrant the color and a great hike there is a path all the way around the lake about 5km...want to walk it with me???











Not a bad way to spend some time..I then drove to the car park to hike up here...



A nice view of all the craters and farm land and just a slight glimpse of Blue lake in the corner...
I then drove down to the lake parked and this looks like my towel and back pack


So I thought I better lay down and take an afternoon nap!!!
I did not realize at this stage that my camera lens was dirty so the next couple of shots are not the best till I cleaned the lens...


Really nice to see the cricket oval getting plenty of use!!!!


Finished off my day at the local pub and had a great chicken dinner...so my day and stay in Mount Gambier was a wonderful one and this is another town I could if needed settle down.....
Had a nice long shower almost 2 hours doing the blog and ready for bed....
I am on the road tomorrow about 250 km drive to the Grampian Mountains where I have a cabin rented for 5 days and I intend to do a lot of hiking.....so I hope my Internet stick works there...
Yashi kochi!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Fantastic post and fascinating area Les. The blue in Blue Lake is amazing! Thank you!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...