Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Wednesday 3rd June 2015…..sports and then a hike and then sports!!!!!!

For a moment there this morning I thought I was back in San Miguel…..having breakfast and watching live tennis from France…

DSC03222

Watched an end of an era as Nadal was demolished by Novak…and Steve my tennis buddy in SMA I think you owe me a few pesos on a little bet we had a few weeks ago!!!!

I then packed up and away I went about 8 miles out of town to this trail head….

DSC03253

DSC03264

DSC03265

so here we go and immediately it was a steady climb through switch backs in the forests!!

DSC03225

DSC03227

With the altitude and the steepness this was a tough slog but the views made it all worth while…

DSC03230

DSC03231

DSC03233

DSC03234

I had come a long way already!!!

DSC03236

From here the weather cooled off….the elevation rose and it was a hard hike!!!

DSC03239

and then I was walking through

DSC03237

DSC03238

I was beginning to wonder if I would ever find the cabin when over the next ridge!!!!

DSC03240

DSC03241

Well I made it but again I say this was a very tough go….

inside the cabin there were blankets and tools…

DSC03242

DSC03243

DSC03246

I pulled up a bench and sat in the doorway and had lunch with this view!!

DSC03244

I wanted to take the other loop back down but there was a lot of snow and I tried but was up to my knees in snow and the snow was hiding the trail so I did a smart thing and returned on the same route I took to come up…

DSC03247

It was on the way down that I realized how difficult the climb was….I arrived back at the car just over 4 hours later it was a lovely tough hike…..

So back home the first thing was a soak in the bath and then dinner and then finished the evening the way it had started…sports on TV this time the first game of the Stanley cup final….

antoine-vermette-teuvo-teravainen-duncan-keith

So I have so enjoyed my stay here many thanks Deb for letting me stay in your lovely condo…tomorrow is a drive through what I am told is spectacular scenery and I have a place booked tomorrow evening in McCall which is on a lake….

Thanks to Inga for sending this to me…

A blonde gets a job as a physical education teacher of 16 year olds.
She notices a boy at the end of the field standing
alone,

while all the other kids are running around having fun kicking a ball.

She takes pity on him and decides to speak to him.
'You ok?' she says.
'Yes.' he says.
'You can go and play with the other kids you know'
she says.
'It's best I stay here.' he says.
'Why's that sweetie?' says the blonde.
The boy looks at her incredulously and says,

Because I'm the goalie!’

 

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...