Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wednesday 10th June 2015…don’t know where the day went!!!

I had a really good sleep  an dit is nice to look out onto the ocean from my bed!!

A slow and easy breakfast with

Heather and Kirby and then I went to visit my friend Karen…..we have been friends for over 23 years and she recently had shoulder and then a hip  operation….she looked really good and is doing well in her recovery and can move around quite a bit…we had a great visit catching up  on our stories and then I took her out in the car to get some things as she is still not able to drive….

From there I went to

DSC03684

This is a really nice private club and I met one of the owners and asked about p art time memberships..we had a nice chat and she asked me if I was interested in playing in a men's doubles at 9am tomorrow as a guest and no charge and then they could watch me get to know my level and if I joined the club which members to match me up  with…..The tennis that I played last night was a good night but it was on public courts and some of the players were not all that good and it costs 7 dollars per drop in and they meet 3 nights a week….to join the club at Westwood is 98 dollars a month and I have unlimited access to the courts, much nicer location and I am sure the level of play will be a lot higher…so I have decided to join the club after the game tomorrow.

In late August I have entered the British Columbia seniors games in tennis singles..it is taking p lace in Vancouver and I am in the 65-69 age category…it is a lot of years since I played competitive tennis and will be up  against players from all over the province but I look forward to the experience!!!

This is the club

DSC03654

DSC03647

DSC03653

DSC03652

So I look forward to tomorrow,

Came home and watched the hockey game from Chicago…great to see it on a huge TV……and then after the game I took Boomer for a long walk….on the way saw the bird that guards the mail boxes!!!
DSC03658

DSC03657

DSC03680

DSC03675

DSC03670

Some of you were wondering why I refer to family on the “Bank”

DSC03674

because their home is above this!!!

A couple of shots from the deck tonight…

DSC03681

DSC03682

So there you have it another day…..

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...