Friday, April 25, 2014

Thursday 24th April 2014…Day19!!!

So this morning it rained so hard and the plans I had for today suggested that I may get wet but it stopped by 10am.

First of all I took my computer to a techie recommended by Inga I needed it to be cleaned and tuned so I left the computer with him and then went to a local high school soccer field where I was scheduled to referee a Junior High school soccer game.

Some history for you all…I think most of you know that I am a sports nut with tennis and soccer being my two loves…I have played soccer all my life sometimes at a high level and I eventually quit about 14 years ago when a nagging thigh injury would not allow me to kick a ball with an power but I immediately got into reffing games and I took many courses and over the next 10 years I reffed games all through British Columbia and Washington state and I also implemented and ran the education and mentoring course for junior refs….I just loved all aspects of this and I do believe I reached a high level.  When I moved to Mexico 18 months ago all my reffing stopped but on Sunday at Easter dinner here Edie a good friend and also the scheduler for soccer games asked me if I would be interested in reffing some games and I immediately smiled and said of course.

So I had 2 games today one at 11.45am and the second one at 3.15pm…I borrowed some gear from Ross and really enjoyed both games…..it was like riding a bike it all came back to me..the rain stayed away and just a joy to be back on the field.  Heather came down and took these photos!!

DSC03474

DSC03482

DSC03492

The games went well and the good news is that I have been asked to ref two more games tomorrow.

 

 

After the games I went to pick up my computer and the techie was selling a portable keyboard for 20 dollars so I bought one…some of you may not know but for months now three keys on my computer would not work and it often made it difficult to do work but with this new keyboard ……

My ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppand my zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzand my ????????????????????? keys are back!!!!

Looks good too!

DSC03498

Next it was home for a quick shower and then off to meet my poker buddies at a local restaurant where we had dinner and then went to Gary’s house for 4 hours of poker.

DSC03496

Happy to report that my SMA winning ways have followed me north!!

DSC03495

Won 22 dollars!!!

So now home watching a recorded hockey game….a busy boy you must admit!!!

Forgot to mention that Number one son here ben showed me how to send photos from my camera to my Nexus remotely using Wi Fi..so another good trick learned which now means when I am on the Camino I can use my camera as well as the camera on my Nexus!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...