Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday 21st August 2012…early post as a check coming off the bucket list tonight!!!

I feel pretty confident that if snoring was an Olympic competition my lovely Bro, Malc, would feature in the medals!!!  I probably snore too………

The 4 of us had a really good breakfast this morning and my cold has gone into my throat and if they are lucky by tonight I shall not be able to talk!!!

The plan today is for us to be transported by coach to Edinburgh at 2.30pm have a couple of hours to explore on our own then tonight at 9pm the Edinburgh tattoo,

hdr_tattoo

 

which is on my bucket list….as we will not get back from that till 1am hence the early post.

Map picture

I felt I needed to get a good hike in so left at 9.30am and X marks my intended destination!!

DSCF5001

Which is on the other side of the Loch…the view this morning was so peaceful and beautiful!!

DSCF4999

The walk to the hike entrance was also quite lovely

DSCF5002

DSCF5006

DSCF5005The cobbler is the destination.

DSCF5007

It was a good path

DSCF5010

DSCF5022

In the following photos H is the hotel we are staying at…

hhh

DSCF5009

DSCF5011

At the top there was a small dam and a small waterfall…

DSCF5015

DSCF5017

DSCF5018

DSCF5021

This is such beautiful countryside and again everyone so friendly and I am even learning the accent!!!!

Off to lunch then the big city!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...