Saturday, January 08, 2011

Friday 7th January 2011…a cultural day!!!

I had to forgo my tennis this morning as yesterday when we came back from our day trip I discovered that the van would not reverse when the gear shirt was put into reverse!!!

I went to a recommended garage

jan7 002

where they discovered that the transmission fluid was low and they topped that up but still no reverse and he really did not know what to do…so I have spoken to Guy and will take it into the local dealership Saturday morning…by the way I am doing this blog Saturday morning, so hope you are not confused!!!

Anyway back to Friday…after driving around town with the van being really careful on these narrow streets not to get into a position where I needed to back up!!

We went to Casar Hogar to get the girls and they were just coming back from a shopping trip!!

jan7 003

We took the girls to a beautiful restaurant that has huge grounds with a lake, horse stables and they let you use bikes!!!

They girls had never ridden bikes before and what a treat to see them…

jan7 006

jan7 007

jan7 015

jan7 008

The girls appear very similar in looks but their attitudes and spirit are different…Paola is absolutely fearless and will not show when she is hurt whereas Daniela is softer and less outgoing and it took Paola about 5 minutes before she was riding on her own off into the trees!!!  Daniela needs another time and then I think she will have her confidence and balance…they both had so much fun and they want to go back there again….we saw these vultures on the property…

jan7 004

We took the girls to out favourite little vegetable market and they both picked out some fruit to take back to Casar Hogar…it was a wonderful time with them!!!!

For Sara and I it was back to the house for a quick sandwich and a shower and onto the scooter and down town to the funky little theatre for 5pm where we had tickets for a Flamenco Dance performance…I had never seen one before and it really was entertaining and the dancers and the guitar player were very talented..

 

jan7 037

I know this is out of focus but I like it anyway!!!

jan7 038

From here we went to the main Jardin for a walk before our next show at 8pm….I also like this photo

jan7 047

The 8pm show was three British actors during a Literary Cabaret…they also were very talented and show was great!!!

jan7 050

So a full and great day!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...