Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday 16th September 2010…let the games begin!!!!

I left Duncan yesterday morning and drove to Nanaimo where Heather treated me to lunch, thanks!!!!!!  I then went to Parksville and visited with Barb and Paco who were in the Provincial Park there for two nights…..…… 30 dollars per night with no hook ups!!!!!

I then drove up to Campbell River a quick stop to show Norma and Croft the finished new TV installation, which looks really good.

It was off then to the opening ceremonies for the 23 rd BC Senior Games.

senior games 002

senior games 006

Everything was extremely well organised and there are over 3000 athletes competing in 28 different sports!!!

senior games 007

senior games 008

This gentleman below is 87 years of age and has won over 120 medals in his life time….way to go!!!!

senior games 012

The torch arrives…

senior games 013

senior games 017

Afterwards I drove back to Courtney and found the school where the soccer games are being played and parked Ramona there for the night.  Got myself a nice cup of tea and a cookie or three and watched a movie on the new TV…it is very clear and although a couple of inches smaller than the original one it is great and the weight and space saved is huge…

Had a good sleep and woke up to fog that lifted as the day went on…I did three games today..

senior games 021

I think this looks like me below in the green shirt..

senior games 020

but it is not!!!

The aquatic centre is a couple of blocks away and I see myself soaking in the hot and then showering.  

I shall come back to the same spot to spend the night and even do a repeat with tea and a movie….

Sara is on her last week of work and comes home next Wednesday when we have to finish getting the suite ready for her new tenant….best wishes to all.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...