Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday 17th September 2009….the last walk

Did a short 6km walk around Westwood Lake this afternoonwestwood 001

 

westwood 003

my last little training walk done.

The plan now is to leave tomorrow afternoon in Ramona for Lake Cowichan and register for the walk and then find somewhere to park close to the start line for the walk on Saturday morning.  The walk starts at 5am, yes that was not a misprint 5am!!!!!!!!  It is not a race and I am determined to finish it and hope to cover the 57km course in 12 hours or even less if I can.

Thanks to some very wonderful, caring and generous people I have managed to raise 1200 dollars for Paola and Daniela’s home, thank you so much.

So if I am able to crawl to my computer on Saturday evening, presuming I am not still walking around the lake then, I will post a report on the Great Walk…….Blessings Les

Map picture
The blue below and to the side of the push pin is Lake Cowichan.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...