Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday 18th July 2009..another wonderful weekend.

My little adventure started out with my friends Barb and Paco in Port Alberni.  The drive there is about one hour but made much more pleasurable by tofino 001

Paco helped again with a couple of small jobs on Ramona and then one of their famous and lovely suppers followed by an intense game of Mexican Train.  Modesty again forbids me from telling you who won the game!!!!!tofino 004

Ramona and her cousin Annie B settled in for the night.tofino 002

Saturday saw me leaving and on my way totofino 005

about a two hour drive through twisting narrow roads but with beautiful scenery.tofino 006

tofino 007 tofino 009

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tofino 011

tofino 013

 

 

 

 

 

 

tofino 016

I arrived about 11am and went to this beach first..tofino 024

where the main activity was..tofino 026

tofino 027

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tofino 028

The water looked too cold for me!!!!

tofino 017 I did a beach walk along this beach for about 4 miles…tofino 018

tofino 019

tofino 021

tofino 034

I do like the above photo…

My next stop was..tofino 041

tofino 042

tofino 043

 

 

 

 

 

 

The views here were awesome!!

tofino 046

tofino 047

tofino 052

Here I met a couple who told me about a hidden steep trail down to the ocean, so I decided to explore.. 

tofino 053it was an adventure with a couple of rope helpers for some of the steep parts.tofino 056

 

 

 

 

 

 

tofino 054

This is where the trail meets the sand.tofino 057 Turn around and this sight greets you!!tofino 058

Followed by this lovely deserted beach.tofino 062

tofino 063

tofino 070

This is one of my favourite photos…tofino 072

This was a really good hike and quite a work out.

I then drove into the town of Tofino where I went to visit my favourite Native Artist’s Gallery, Roy Henry Vickers….tofino 039

This is one of his works..

tofino 037

all his works have hidden native motifs inserted, here is a whale in the blue ocean!!!!!

I then came back the way I had come and stopped at the famous Long Beach..

uccc 001

The sun was just going down…uccc 002

uccc 004

uccc 003

 

 

 

 

 

I then drove to the other end of the peninsular and stopped inuccc 006

and found a place to stay for the night in the back end of the parking lot of the Co-op grocery store.

Time for tea and a movie….and I just found out I am picking up some bodies Wifi signal….

1 comment:

Croft said...

I love Long Beach! I actually worked on top of Radar Hill back in the 60's removing a microwave radio installation when the place was turned into a park.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...