Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wednesday 24th June 2009….back in the good old US of A..

I left Nanaimo from

bellingham 006

bound for 

bellingham 005

I stayed the night in Vancouver Tuesday evening at a friend’s driveway and this morning drove down to the USA border at Peace Arch.

bellingham 007

 

 

 

 

 

A few years ago I went through quite a lengthy process and obtained a Nexus card which expedites the border crossing here and I have used it frequently and saved hours as there is a special fast lane with usually no line ups.bellingham 008

You can see it is raining quite hard and I showed by Nexus Card to the machine at the gate and then got stopped by the US Customs officer who told me it was my lucky day I had been selected for a vehicle search.

There is something about this process that rubs me the wrong way it maybe stems from my years in the Police Force.  When we executed a search warrant it was imperative that the owner of the property being searched was present at all times thus alleviating any question of impropriety.  Now I know this is going back many years but I just feel slightly miffed knowing someone is going through all my personal stuff and I am not present, OK rant over.. 30 minutes later I was on my way…bellingham 009

I stopped and did some shopping in Bellingham and filled up with much cheaper gas than in BC.

I have two days to get to Yakima so took a different route through the mountains.

bellingham 011

bellingham 013

bellingham 014

bellingham 015

It was getting time to stop for the evening and as luck would have it found this great rest stop.bellingham 028

bellingham 025

Ramona settled in for the evening and in the distant I can hear the flowing waterfall.

bellingham 029

Some photos of the very fast and raging river!!bellingham 023 bellingham 021

bellingham 020

So now it is time for tea and a movie and I again just sit amazed at how good life is and how lucky I am to be able to do the things that I do.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...