Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday 21st June 2009….Happy Father’s Day

 

I am still having a little trouble with the transfer of the Picasa program which is where I download the photos for the blog but hopefully when I Skype Andy on Monday he can help me solve that and then I think I am ready to go……

Father’s day….. a very special day and I want to wish all Dads everywhere a very happy and special day.  It will be three years in October since I lost my Dad and I have talked often of him on this blog.  He was a great man, small in stature but huge in energy, caring and the love for his family.  He lived a full and active lifestyle and I am sure I have some of his genes, all the moving around I do.  So today I honour my Dad and wished he could have joined me and Ramona on one of these trips to Mexico he would have loved it.  God bless you Dad….

This is the photo of my Dad about three days before he passed away..

dads 004

Of course on this day I ponder my own life and I often say that not having children of my own is a fact that at times makes me very sad and at times makes me realize that my life would have been so different if I did have a child of my own.

I know I am really good with kids and they warm up to me very easily and I think I am like a doting Grand Father with me talking about Paola and Daniela all the time but these girls already have added a new dimension to my life.picasabackground

I reflect how lucky I am to have over 60 years of incredible great health, the best friends anyone could ask for, people that I would trust with my very being.  So at this time I want to thank everyone who has contributed to me being where I am today, some live very close by, some live thousands of miles away, I also want to thank my brother Malc, Janet and their great family.  I salute you all…

I came to Heather and Kirby’s house this morning where i am having dinner tonight and this was how I found the table set…dads 001

My place setting… 

dads 002

How wonderful to have such special friends and special tributes to all our Dad’s, thank you so much!!!

I leave on Tuesday for a small road trip.  I am going to visit a friend in Vancouver then go across the border into Washington  State down to Yakima for a huge soccer tournament.  I have been going here for over 6 years and I really enjoy my time there, even the 100 degree days.  I will try to blog when I can.

It will be good to get Ramona on the road again, so wish you all a great day blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...