Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday night and weary legs!!!

I am again parked in another Walmart parking lot this time just outside Bellingham and really wish that Ramona came installed with a whirlpool tub and a masseuse lady!!!!

I finished up doing 15 games in three days and it was 101 degrees BUT I survived better than a lot of the Refs, even those half my age.  I made sure I drank lots and lots, poured cold water over me often and in between games came back to Ramona to cool down, eat and rest.  It was really a great weekend I have been going to Yakima for 6 years now and I know a lot of the soccer crowd and they treat me really.

I would like to wish all my Canadian friends a very happy long weekend!!

This is a shot of the approach to down town Seattle and the only reason I put this in is because I can never drive by Seattle without thinking of 911.  After that horrific day I really had no idea of what a building over 100 storey’s looks like as the tallest buildings in Nanaimo are only about 24.  So when I went south on my winter sojourn after 911 and drove through the down town of Seattle the enormity of those buildings struck me as incredible and the power of destruction  of that tragic day.

lllk 006 

 

lllk 009

Sunset drive by photo!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...