Sunday, June 29, 2008

I’m football crazy, I’m football mad….my older English readers will understand this famous English song..

 

The drive into Yakima on Friday morning saw Ramona cross over the mighty Columbia River.

bbbbv 009

bbbbv 002

bbbbv 003

Wish I had my kayak would have loved to have paddled the river.bbbbv 011 That is Mount Baker in the distance.bbbbv 012

bbbbv 016 bbbbv 015

This is how I spent my weekend.  The tournament in Yakima is huge over 200 teams and I reffed three games Friday afternoon.  Six games on Saturday and four more on Sunday.  It was extremely hot over 100 degrees.  The games went well and although I feel tired and a little sore I think this old body stood up well to the heat and the running.  Ramona was parked in the soccer complex parking lot for the weekend so it was close by for extra drinks and comfortable resting of the old bones.

Monday I intend to spend the day in Bellingham looking at motor scooters and be on the 5.45pm ferry on Monday evening back to Nanaimo.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...