Sunday, May 04, 2008

 
 
 
 
I love these photos.

On my way to Costco this afternoon I took a drive down a subdivision where I know there are many deer that stroll through the streets and came across these beauties. I wish I knew how to use photo shop so I could put them onto one photograph because in the garden where the deer were feeding and only 10 feet away was the rabbit watching the deer. Then about 10 feet away from the rabbit was the cat watching the rabbit watching the deer! If that doesn't bring a smile to your face, what will?

It seems like every day I referee soccer games, yesterday I reffed a Men's Masters Game, boy those old boys take their soccer quite seriously. Today was wonderful because I reffed 2 games, both under 11, so the kids were 10 years old. I have never done this age group before and let me tell you a story about the No.3 on the Victoria girls team.

These kids were so skilled a great credit to the coaches and their sense of fair play was evident through out but no better than an incident that happened. The Victoria player No.3 got a break away and was running towards the goal where obviously all their supporters were and just as she shot the ball towards the goal my sight was blocked by another player and the ball finished up in the goal but I wasn't sure if it was a goal or if the ball had entered from out of bounds through the side netting. All the girls from the Victoria team ran back to centre field as if the goal was a good one but some of the local players were saying the ball had gone in from the side. The game was not a competition or anything just really a friendly between the two towns, so I went to the parents behind the goal, parents of the team that had scored and asked if the goal was a good one or not and they all said yes for sure. I still was not convinced so before I started play I asked the No.3 the shooter to come to me and as I looked down on this little blonde beauty I asked her if it was a goal. With those wide blue eyes she looked right at me and said,"No I think it went in through the side." I thanked her for her honesty and sense of fair play, waved off the goal and ran by the parents saying the scorer had told me it was not a goal and I hoped they felt so small!!!!!!

The Victoria team lost the game by one goal and after the game when the kids come and shake my hand I pulled the No.3 aside again thanked her and I gave her my US silver dollar coin that I use for the coin toss at the beginings of games and told her how proud I was of her and so should her team mates, coaches and parents. That girl to me is a true hero!!!

Have a great rest of the day, blessings ..
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...