Thursday, January 18, 2007




WARNING

Today’s writings contain scenes and descriptions that may not be fit for all viewers, parental discretion is advised…

We are going back to April, 1972, I am in Bermuda playing soccer one sunny warm afternoon, we are playing Devonshire Rec, our arch enemies, lot of bad will between us and the game is tied 1 –1 with a few minutes remaining, I had through out the game taken and given some aggro to their No.9 Devon Burrows… we are awarded a corner and although I play sweeper I was noted to be a pretty good header of the ball, so I go up for the corner, looking to notch my usual one goal per year, hoping this might be the one. My full concentration is on the ball as it arcs it’s way into the penalty area, Burrows concentration however was on me, all eyes on the ball, including the referee, the ball swings in I watch it coming right to my head and the next thing I know I am flat on my back, victim of a sucker punch to the jaw from my buddy Burrows, my front tooth is about 10 feet away from me and I am bloodied and mad and dazed, not like today’s macho hockey players, they pick up their teeth and go back out, me, I stumble to the side lines and the game ends. Will not describe the return match three weeks later, but suffice it to say Burrows had a squeaky high voice for a few days……The next day I visit my dentist and I am not making this up, he must have been about 80 years of age and his name, Dr. Hooker!!!!!!!!!! He makes this upper plate with false tooth for me and I have worn this every day for the last 34 years, taking it out at night with denture cleaner…anyway decided it was time to rid my mouth of this device. Mexico is noted for great dentists and the prices are about one third of Canadian prices. I checked the town out and only one dentist stood out Dr.Woo…well this morning he rid me of the plate forever!!!!!!!I have a temporary bridge until a week on Saturday, when my new bridge comes in…so it looks pretty good day and he was flawless in his work, he did a great job!!!!! So the pictures are a little graphic, be warned………how many times have you been to the dentist and after the work is done cross the road and go for a swim?? Have a great day..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...