Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday 22nd January 2018...just an ordinary day!!!!

Starting off with my hour workout at the gym as i mentioned a few days ago I like the approach of my young trainer Aaron, he works me hard gives me encouragement and it is a tough hour.....stopped at the local veggie store and bought ingredients for the pea soup I intend to make later.

Next door to the veggie store is this very small local bakery owned by a young Mexican couple who have a 4 month old  bakery...I really like the bread here and they are very friendly and they were the ones who baked Gracie's Birthday cake last week...this morning it was fun as they had a few school children in the shop and he was teaching them how to bake!!!



 Further along the way home I passed by where my old casita used to be and was greeted with this sight!!!!
 They actually have bags of garden soil on their backs!!!!!

I too had a dream!!!!!!

My dream was on December 24th last year at 5.00 pm to have a Flash Mob Dance and song in the main Jardin!!!
 Can you imagine!!!

I had grand plans starting off with 8 young children stood by the bell towers
singing Hallelujah in both Spanish and English and then joined by a large school choir on the steps of the church to finish the song.

Then in the main courtyard I was going to have a musical group and dancers from the local gymnasium school dancing and singing to Jingle bell rock..and ending with a huge crowd of friends and school kids, a Mariachi band all singing Feliz Navidad!!!!!!

I had made provisional plans and then decided I needed to get permission from the town council....I drafted and presented a letter in Spanish asking permission for this event to take place but sadly I never even heard back from council.....that is when I decided to take over the 3 Kings Day project which of course I am glad I did seeing all those children receive a gift......maybe some other time!!!!






Had a great English class tonight the subject of tonight's class was...



HOMONYMS

Go on admit you had to go look up that word!!!!!!!!!

It was such fun for them to learn of so many words that follow the pattern!!!

Finally finishing the day watching a live tennis match from Melbourne this is of special interest to me because one of the players is from the town where my Brother and his family live in England....


Like I said just an ordinary day!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...