Friday, March 03, 2017

Friday 3rd March 2017... a fabulous hike!!!

My tennis buddy Steve and I did  great hike this morning...it was a drive of 23 km to where I parked Little Bluey and off into this canyon we went......




Really nice rock formations and as you can tell the weather was perfect!!


This cave and the area around here is where some Jesuit priests moved to after been ran out of town in the 1800's....
 and boy did they ever pick a wonderful serene place....

Lunch stop and i am doing my best impression of George Clooney pensive 3 day stubble look!!!!!!!


I think the shot of the day!!!!


We then climbed up to the top of the cliff

and were rewarded with this view!!


We were really out in the boonies and saw no people, no vehicles so imagine our surprise when we came across the small shrine...the question is who was around to light those candles???
Just a great hike thanks for coming along and showing the way Steve!!!

I had been invited to attend a celebration of one of my students from two years ago for her wedding...Margarita is a member of one of the local Aztec dancing groups and went to where I was told the reception was but no one was around so I do not know what happened...but in the main Jardin there were lots of dancers...






If you Google this web site you will see the accommodation and the beach I am going to next Tuesday..the ocean waves and the sand are calling me....so I am off for 5 days!!!

http://www.casa-de-la-rosa.com/

The view from the property...

The surfing beach which is a few km walk away!!!

Have a wonderful safe and happy weekend...

Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

Michael Kane said...

Just looked at the website for Casa de la Rosa and I know you will have a great time. What a beautiful place. Be sure to post some pics of you speeding down the face of a wave!

mexicokid said...

it does look awesome wild and no tourists...about the waves maybe maybe not cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...