Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday 27th June 2016...bit of a day

that started at 5.30am!!!!!!
I had a good sleep and woke up and checked my bedside clock which I thought said 7.30 am...so I came downstairs made myself a cup of tea and sat on the couch and turned on my computer and the time displayed was 5.30am!!!!
I checked the clock in the kitchen and yes it was 5.30 am...checked the clock upstairs and that said 5.30 am as well..........so I had an early start!!!!!

Later in the morning Anne took me to a huge and I mean huge garden center and their incredible grounds.....enjoy the photos!!!!










We had a good long walk all around the center!!

Came back home and the weather was really nice and I took advantage and a long snooze outside on the lounge chair!!!

5.00 pm and it was time to watch a very entertaining soccer quarter final game before we went off to the theatre to watch a live production of The Rocky Horror show....





This tells a little of the story..



A story of creation, love, hate, adventure, and, most of all, sex; the story begins in Denton, Ohio as Brad Majors and Janet Weiss, after getting engaged (Dammit Janet), travel to see "the man who began it," but wind up at the castle of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite alien from the planet of Transsexual in the galaxy of Transylvania (Sweet Transvestite). And they meet Riff Raff, Magenta, and Columbia which leads to "doing the Time Warp again!" They discover they have been there on a "special night." Frank's creation is to be born! As Rocky has been revealed (Sword of Damocles / I Can Make You A Man), rebel Eddie, Frank's last-recent creation, ponders in on his motorcycle (Hot Patootie-Bless My Soul) whom Frank kills. In comes Dr. Everett Von Scott, he's come for Eddie (Eddie's Teddy) which results in the discovery of Eddie's deceased body. Frank chases Janet and Brad and Dr. Scott chase Frank (Planet Schmanet Janet), which results in everybody (but Frank) getting frozen. Enter the floor show (Rose Tint My World / Don't Dream It / Wild & Untamed Thing) which then turns into the horrifying death of both Frank and Columbia die and the castle's blasting off! Brad, Janet, and Dr. Scott survive and leave with torn clothes and battered bodies.


I really have never been to a show quite like this..first of all many of the people attending were in weird and wonderful costumes and then the show started and audience participation was called for and accepted and it really was a bizzare but entertaining show!!

We came home and settled in to watch the recorded highlights of the England V Iceland soccer game...this again was a knock out game which England was expected to win BUT were beaten by a the small nation of Iceland... a very sad day for the English fans but one to go down in the record books for the Icelandic nation!!!


Tomorrow I leave for my Brother and Janet's home outside of Hull...just about a 4 hour drive....I want to thank Anne for all her wonderful kind hospitality to me..she is lovely!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is amazing and fun, I have the movie in my collection, must watch it again someday... Last time I googled Tim Curry I learned that he is in very bad health...

I really like the lawnmowing technique at the garden centre.

mexicokid said...

yes it was a show with a difference that is for sure...the gardens were so gorgeous cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...