Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday 22nd February 2015…..a big hike and a birthday!!

Another wonderful sunny and warm sunny morning and I was at the gas station at 8am for the meeting of the hikers…

DSC00832

It was a big group but Pierre and I managed to find two others who wanted to come with us and off we head for the hills about a 20 minute drive until we reach the start of the hike

DSC00833

up by the X is the communication towers we were heading for.

fabulous day and sights!!!

DSC00836

DSC00834

DSC00838

DSC00845

Always bring back memories of my Camino last year when I see arrows!!!!

DSC00842

After my close encounter with cows and bulls a few weeks ago this is my now favorite view of them!!!!!

DSC00844

DSC00849

DSC00853

Still a ways to go….

DSC00854

This is so neat the cowboy here we met a few weeks ago when Pierre and I were hiking and we took his photo he saw us again and came up to us wanting to know if we have the photo for him…we promised we would get copies and bring them the next time we came this way…only in Mexico!!!

DSC00855

Looking back!!

DSC00856

This guy is loaded down!!!

About just over three hours we reached the summit just under 9100 feet with views of the old volcanic crater!!!

DSC00857

DSC00858

and of course the towers!!

DSC00859

It was a great hike we were back at the meeting point by 3.30pm and we covered almost 12 miles a good workout!!!

Came home and got cleaned up and went back into town as I was invited to Barry’s 80th birthday party celebration at a local dance studio……Barry has been a good friend for a few years and we play tennis and occasionally hike together along with his beautiful wife Kathy they are my hero's!!!

There was about 80 folks there and it was a wonderful time some of their kids flew in and they had a small band called Tuna play  some songs they are a different kind or Mariachi band they were good and of course because it was held in a dance studio we were all given a dance lesson and I had the moves……also proud to report that I declined the Birthday cake slice that was handed me…..

Now after a good soak a little weary but watching tennis from Rio!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

You sure keep busy Les!

mexicokid said...

I do which is why I enjoy myself on Friday when I see and talk to no one..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...