Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wednesday 31st December 2014…another year done!!!!!!

Well this is going to be a long post for my last blog of 2014…….

I had a lovely breakfast this morning whilst reading the last of my English newspapers that I brought back in August…..I heard the distinctive noise of a hot air balloon and went outside in time to snap this shot!!!

DSC08947

 

 

….there is just something so cool about that first cup of tea with an actual newspaper in my hands…..I did some chores this morning and then went off for a busy day.

The first port of call was to Marysol's apartment for my Spanish lesson…this has been a good week for me I think I am slowly, very slowly, starting to make some progress I am now able to make short sentences, negative and questions and she is very pleased with me.  I know it is hard and I am determined just to try and getter better each week.

I then went to sit by the San Antonio church and have my lunch this is the church by the tennis courts……lots of activity going on here…

DSC08953

DSC08954

These are just so beautiful I asked and they are made of wood chips and dust that is colored. Whilst I was having my lunch I saw on the other side of the steps 6 Nuns and I recognized two of them as being Nuns from Casa Hogar……I watched as these two Nuns made a special point of coming right up to me and offered their hands and their cheeks they were so friendly to me, remembered my name and asked me how I was…..I will not get into the politics of Casa Hogar here but suffice it to say these two Nuns were always very kind to me and it was a joy to see them and to wish them a happy new year…I asked how Daniela was and they assured me she was fine!!!!

After my lunch I went to the tennis courts to join the new group…..I played two long and hard sets of tennis men’s doubles and with a little bit of pride I think I played the best tennis since my championship days in Bermuda!!!!   What a great way to end the old year and also to know I am back on the courts tomorrow morning.

My next stop was to start the new year with a haircut so I went to my new found barber and for 50 pesos got a great haircut…

DSC08955

From here I went to a new diner just opened and sells burgers and ribs

DSC08957

DSC08956

DSC08959

I had a burger here last week and it was really good and they are doing a roaring trade I ordered ribs to go!!!!!

I was home by 5 o clock and it was a busy day and now I can relax for the evening…I have decided not to go out tonight just a quiet evening at home and the ribs were wonderful.

 

Marysol told me this morning about the tradition of eating 12 grapes and I have just done that here are some more Mexican traditions.

 

1) The Tradition of the 12 Grapes

Grapes are always popular in New Year’s Eve.
This is the most famous, extended and accepted tradition or ritual to welcome the New Year.

There are many Mexican, Latino and Latin American families in general, that customarily place 12 grapes in a little bowl for each family member at the dinning table. The tradition also states that a grape should be eaten to each of the 12 clock chimes at midnight on December 31st. In addition, a wish can be made to each chime.

In some case, there are added details for a more complex ritual. For example, eating the grapes standing up on the left leg, so that way you would enter the New Year on the right foot.

2) Cleaning of the House Ritual

People clean their house on New Years Eve.
A tradition from Mexico is the ritual of housecleaning before midnight on New Year’s Eve. You have to sweep and clean the entire house inside out, especially the corners and little-used spots. This ritual would remove negative energies in the house and allow the entry of “good waves” and new energy. Some families also throw away the elements of cleaning such as broom, shovel, etc.

3) New Lingerie  (and underwear)

Wear underwear for good luck on New year.
One of the more fun -and sexy- traditions that is growing among the young generation, is to use brand-new lingerie or underwear of certain colors on New Year’s Eve.

The last day of the year you must wear brand new yellow lingerie or underwear if you want to attract money and prosperity during the coming year.

On the other hand, if what’s missing is love and happiness, your underwear must be red.

4) Lentils of Prosperity

Lentils bring good luck in new year.
Lentils…it’s a Latin American tradition that would be useful to attract prosperity and money for those who believe in it. You have to place raw lentils in pockets and in all places in which you’d like to see money in abundance.

It’s said that there’s such faith in lentils that some people tend to fill their pockets with them during the last night of the year. Others, more discrete and persistent, place twenty of the biggest and most brilliant lentils in a very small cotton fabric, preferably white.

You have to carry it with you during the previous seven days in your purse or pocket. Each time you touch it or see it, it recalls financial aspirations for the coming year.

5) The Desire to Travel

Do you want to travel in new year?
In order to attract the possibility of making that dream trip come true in the course of the following year, some people walk seven times in circles carrying a suitcase inside the room. Others, instead, take a walk around the block carrying the suitcase.

6) Throw Water out the Window

Throw water on New Year’s Eve.
The tradition comes from Puerto Rico, where it is traditional to throw a bucket of water out the window in order to remove “bad energy” from the house. Previously, the bucket must go through each room or area of the house. It’s like collecting all the bad vibes and throwing them out.

2015

7) Gold and Champagne

Toast to a new year.
some Latin American families it’s customary to celebrate the end of the year and the beginning of the new by toasting with glasses filled with champagne and a golden object placed inside. Rings, chains, cameos or any small gold object is useful for this ritual of prosperity.

 

Just read this story today!!!!!

Wimbledon champ Murray signs four-year clothing deal with Under Armour

  

  • Andy Murray

     

    LONDON - Former Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has signed a four-year deal with American sportswear manufacturer Under Armour.

    The deal was announced Tuesday by the Baltimore-based company. Terms were not announced, but British news reports said the deal was worth $25 million.

    Murray previously had a four-year sponsorship deal with Adidas. He started his career wearing Fred Perry clothing.

    Murray won Wimbledon in 2013 and the U.S. Open in 2012. He is currently ranked No. 6 in the world.

    Under Armour also sponsors English Premier League club Tottenham.

  •  

    So I got to thinking if he can make all that money maybe I can also get a piece of the action so I have contacted this company to see if they will sponsor me if I promote their products!!!

    untitled

    You do not have to be a soccer fan to watch this….please go to You tube and enter the unluckiest goal keeper in the world and watch and listen it is I think the funniest video I have ever seen…watched it four times now and I laugh uncontrollable each time…..

     

    Well this is it the end of the year and I just want to say I am so blessed and lucky thank you to everyone and I leave you with this..

    1508113_10152549647686404_2956008125817217292_n

    Yashi Kochi!!!!

    No comments:

    Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

     This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...