Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday 13th November 2014…a little bit of everything!!!!

It  turns out the last couple of mornings have been a bit gloomy but when the sun comes out is stays all day and that was the pattern this morning…….I watched a little tennis before I headed to town and Sara came with me and I dropped her off at a new yoga class she is going to try and then I went to play tennis with my new racquet…it was a good two hours and the racquet is fine it will take a little getting used to but I may consider getting the brand I like, Babalot,  and getting a friend to bring one down for me from the States…still undecided…….

Went to get Sara and we stopped at Mega to get a few groceries and back home before noon…….after lunch I did some chores around the house and then settled down at 2 o clock and watched what I thought was going to be a fabulous close duel between two of the heavy weights but it was such a lop sided win, no contest and my hero Roger prevailed …..I am always amazed at these professional players the power they get into every shot even after being on the courts for over 2 to 3 hours their training regime must be very strict.

Sara and I then went back into town to a local hotel where their was an event taking place we both wanted to see and hear…it was two local authors who talked about their books it was a very interesting time one author was a very educated Mexican lady and her talk was about the culture of Mexicans and about their spirits ….the other author talked about his book and the effects his father’s suicide had on him….he is also a friend and a tennis buddy and I actually bought his book……..

We then went out to dinner with friends of Sara and it was a good evening…..

 

 

 

 

 

How do you know when it is time to
"hang up the car keys"?
I say when your dog has this look on his face!
A picture is worth a thousand words!

 

dog

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...