Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sunday 7th August 2011…..my morning show!!!

So not only did I have a great sleep and woke up to sun but whilst having my poached eggs for breakfast out the side window I spot this little guy!!!

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 003

It was like a circus performance he took his time and jumped left onto the next rock and so on down the line….I went outside and he was not bothered by me I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I did taking them!!!

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 004

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 009

What a wonderful way to start a morning!!

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 014

I drove the few miles to the parking lot for

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 051

You will have to Google this and read the history very interesting the story of the sieges and the life way back when!!!

I paid my 15 dollars admission and yes that was with my Seniors Discount…I love that!!!!

All very well organized they bus you to the site and I was just in time for a 75 minute guided tour which I am glad that I took because all the history was given to you and you didn’t go inside any building so after the tour then you go off on your own where ever you wanted……

Here are some photos of the Fortress and it is not a Fort I know the difference now do you??

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 015

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 019

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 022

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 025

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 026

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 032

The lighthouse in the distance is where I stayed last night.

My lunch time view!!

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 043

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 048

An artist’s impression of what the Fortress and harbour would have looked like in it’s heyday!!

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 042

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 038

forttttttttttttttttttttttt 036

I spent about 4 hours here and really enjoyed it all.

Came back into town and bought a ticket for a concert tonight in the playhouse..then drove out to a look out where I spent the rest of the afternoon reading, walking and yes at last the Atlantic Ocean!!!!

connnnnnnnnn 003

 

 

Got showered and and some Tim Horton’s mushroom soup and went back into town for the concert.

connnnnnnnnn 005

 

connnnnnnnnn 007

These were two very talented musicians but sorry to say had no stage personality and the crowd was small so the atmosphere was not great but I enjoyed the music.

I have decided to spend the night here in the parking lot at the library.

Tomorrow I shall do a small coastal tour before heading to Sydney where at 10.30pm I take the ferry to Newfoundland again will post when I can…blessings Les

Map picture

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...