Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday 16th June 2011…..day trip to Port Alberni!!

 

Robin sent this photo of Poala at her birthday party on Monday…isn’t she gorgeous???

paola

 

Map picture

Sara drove down to Nanaimo this morning then we drove together to Port Alberni to see Barb and Paco!!!!

Barb looked really good and now feels much better and stronger after her recent medical issues…way to go girl and good luck with the cancer relay run tomorrow!!!

This is the back yard where Paco has done a great job fixing and building..

jun16 001

After a lovely lunch we got down to the serious part of the visit…the playing of Mexican Train!!!

jun16 002

A fitting end of the game saw Barb a worthy winner but it took a lot out of her she couldn’t keep her eyes open for a victory celebration!!!!

jun16 003

It was a great afternoon and I do hope to see Barb and Paco in Mexico this winter.

The drive back was through spectacular forests and the sun shone the whole day.

Hopefully the culprits from last night’s riots will be apprehended and brought to justice…I am busy collecting on my winnings…so far I wrote a guest column on my friend Croft’s blog you can see read it here…

croftsmexico.blogspot.com

 

More winnings coming over the next few days.

One more week to go so I am going to be busy….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...