Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday 22nd April 2010….a fun day

started with me spending the morning washing the car and Ramona and getting her ready for my weekend trip for the soccer tournament.

In the afternoon I went to visit some friends, Mary and Jack and this is the view from their balcony

apr22 001

Mary makes awesome cookies and I left with a huge container of healthy and tasty cookies, thanks!!!

This evening it was off to

apr22 026

celebrating Alex’s 16th Birthday!!!

The views from the ferry terminal

apr22 007

apr22 009

The restaurant is on a small island just outside the harbour and you take this small ferry to get there.

apr22 011

apr22 020

We had a great meal and these are the views on the way back.

apr22 021

apr22 023

apr22 025

Back at the house the birthday boy celebrates!!!

apr22 029

Ended the day by talking with Sara who said she enjoyed her first full day back at work…..so ends another wonderful day!!

I leave tomorrow evening after the hockey game to go to Salt Spring Island, about a 40 minute drive, then a 20 minute ferry.  So the plan is to take Ramona and sleep in the ferry parking lot tomorrow night and then be in line for the ferry on Saturday morning.  I have 6 games to ref over the weekend and I shall stay the night Saturday night. 

Salt Spring Island is a funky little island and I may get a chance to do a little sight seeing.

Map picture
The green 1 is the location of Nanaimo and the the red pin Salt spring.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...