Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Wednesday 7th October 2009….catching up

 

on the blog…Tuesday morning found me being Mr.Office Assistant and after my filing was done I was given the afternoon off and went down to the dock and spent a very enjoyable time sunning and OK maybe a nap!!

After work Sara and I took the boat over to the village where we picked up Wayne who was going to be our guide for the afternoon.

Wayne or Fisherman as Sara calls him because…yes he is a fisherman and I am sure my more astute readers will know that Fisherman calls Sara….Nurse…..I have not yet figured out what my name might be!!!!

We left the village inlet

Seals 001

Seals 003

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seals 006

passing many funny sea otters floating on their backs with their flippers going nuts.

We arrived shortly at Flat Rocks the home of hundreds of California and Stellar Sea lions.  Sara took some video on my camera and if I can figure out how to import it here I will but sit back and enjoy these photos…Seals 016

Seals 023

Seals 026

Seals 036

Seals 037

Seals 066

Seals 053

Fisherman told us he has been coming here all his life but never quite seen the show we saw today!!!  How special is that!!!

Seals 072 NOW you know how he got his name!!

He put the line in the water and no more than 1 minute later he handed me the lineSeals 075

and this is the end result!!!!!!Seals 078

A Ling Cod!!!!

We now left the rocks and Fisherman pointed out to us in the distance a Hump back whale that was breaching and playing and although I did not get close enough with the camera the thrill of the sight will stay with me.

The beautiful sunset on the ride home..Seals 097

Seals 101

The view that evening from the dock at the clinic.Seals 107

Of course we had to weigh the “baby”Seals 108

almost 7 pounds…..Sara as usual just got to work filleted the fish, put it on tin foil onto the BBQ and we had a great supper!!!!

Yesterday was another office day obviously Sara does not know the meaning of the word retired!!!!

Afternoon found me needing a run so 30 minutes on here worked.office day 004

Again after work we took the boat into the village.  Captain Pearson is looking very pensive as he evades all the perilous rocks, rapids and dangerous rip tides, well maybe not…office day 005

A couple of shots of the reservation…office day 012

My favourite photo yet!!!!!

office day 006

Reminds me so much of the kids in Mexico….then they used my camera to take photos…

office day 013

 

We then went for a stroll on another island where i was performing…office day 015

office day 016

Again an incredible sunset…

I am hearing rumblings of when do we get to see a photo of Sara….Disaster 035 

Happy Now??

Last night was a special night after supper I was challenged to a game of Back Gammon, well have you ever know a Pearson refuse a challenge.

MODESTY forbids me from telling you here on the world wide web who was victorious but for those of you know the game notice how many of Sara’s brown chips are still on the table whilst my lovely white ones are safe on the end board!!!!  Enough said….. PURA VIDA!!!!

oh yea 001

1 comment:

Croft said...

Great photos and another beautiful day! I spent many days in Kyuquot in the BC Tel house in front of the microwave dish but I don't think the weather was that nice more than once.

You have to go a long way to beat fresh Ling Cod! Although I do believe it would have been even more delirious in artery clogging fish and chips!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...