Saturday, October 03, 2009

Thursday 1st October 2009…….it is going to be a fascinating trip…

October already just where did the summer go??

Well I can tell already this is going to be wonderful and remarkable trip.

I arrived in Gold River yesterday about 5pm and made contact with the Captain of the boat and then found Ramona a great spot to be whilst I am gone.

It is very desolate out here and I spent the evening getting my stuff ready, eating fabulous meat loaf, thank you Heather, and then watching a movie.

This morning got up at 6am showered and wandered down to the boat, MV Uchuck 111.

This is a working boat and it was cool to watch the crew load up all the supplies and right at 7am we left.  There are about 25 passengers of all shapes and sizes and it would be interesting to know their stories!!

The first stop was a logging camp where about 15 minutes was spent unloading equipment.  The crew are very quick and because of the closeness of the supplies a good plan is in place and very efficient.

The weather was overcast and a little cloudy and a bit too cool for my liking but I have to remember it is the wild West coast.

The next stop was a fish farm where more supplies were unloaded and fish gave us a display of jumps. in and out of the water.

We then after another stop moved out into the open seas for about one hour and trust me there were swells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BUT I am very happy to report that I was on the few passengers that did not get…you know what…..thanks Sara for the gravol and advice…

Well at 4.30pm we finally arrived at my destination..so sit back and enjoy the journey with me…

DSay 1 008

DSay 1 015 DSay 1 043

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSay 1 019 DSay 1 021

 

 

 

 

 

DSay 1 027

DSay 1 037

DSay 1 054

DSay 1 057

Saw three whales but not close enough to get photos..DSay 1 047 the white splash in the middle is the whale.

The small village of Kyuquot!!!

DSay 1 067

DSay 1 069

The Red Cross clinic where Sara lives.

DSay 1 075

The main village..

DSay 1 077

DSay 1 082

This is Rusty he was the welcoming dog , enlarge the photo and you will notice his toe nails, or paws are painted PINK!!DSay 1 081

Sara was there to pick me up and these are two views from the balcony of her home…DSay 1 085

DSay 1 084

So ends a great day and this I can tell is already a whole new and different world……have a great evening…Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...