Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday 13th August 2009…a day in Penticton

 

 

Left Gail and Larry’s around noon and a pleasant 1 hour drivepentic 006

pentic 005

to Penticton, which is also on the same lake as Kelowna.  Each year I come here for a huge soccer tournament and I always say I am going to tube down the river, so this year I decided it was time.

Here I am ready to go..pentic 008 and this is the starting point.

pentic 007

and off I go!!!!

pentic 009

The water was warm and the river was busy.pentic 013

NO  they are not wrinkles on my face just laugh lines!!!!!!!!!!!!pentic 019

The water was clear and I did see a few fish.pentic 026

Sometimes there was a traffic jam!!pentic 030

After about 90 minutes of pure relaxation you come to a point in the river where you stop and get out and get on the pentic 036

and they drive you back to the starting point.  It was a great afternoon and the cost 10 dollars…..a bargain.

I am now settled in the parking lot of a school, for the night and I can pick up someone’s internet signal.

Have a great evening…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...