Saturday, March 05, 2016

Saturday 5th March 2016.....a coastal hike, a surf ride and a movie!!!!

Slept in till 8 am this morning and went up stairs made a cup of tea and came back to bed and did some computer stuff..remember last week when the airbnb host was not there for me and i wrote to airbnb and replied right away with a refund of my payment and also in good faith included a gift certificate of 70 dollars towards my next booking well I found out this morning that is in US funds so today when I made a two day booking i received a credit of 90 dollars...not a bad way to start the day.
Had breakfast and Mimi told me of a coastal walk that leads into the next town of Lennox Heads....she said it was really a great hike...so I packed up and was out of the house by 10am...walked 5 minutes from the house on this path
through here

and I was at the beach

I found the track on the headland



Before I show you the next photographs I want to tell you that last night after Mimi and Kevin got home from the movie we sat around and talked and the conversation drifted to all the surf beaches and Mimi told us that they get at least one or two deaths each year from sharks...


So on the first head land I look back and watch the surfers and take this photo!!


Nothing unusual right??   WRONG!!!

Yes it is a photo of surfers



Fortunately these are dolphins but see how close they are to the surfers and they are surfing themselves!!!!

The hike was lovely with many splendid opportunities to take some shots..



Looking back at the headland I had just come from!!


I have no idea why they call this beach above Boulder beach!!!
The headland I still have to climb
No one in that photo right???  WRONG again with my trusty zoom...

Getting closer to my destination

This photo below is in a tribute to my Dad he also loved hiking and after Mum passed away and he continued to hike but everywhere he went he would stop and take a photo of his backpack..it became a ritual for him...so Dad this is for you!!!

I have never seen one of these palm trees before with it's unusual fruit..


Made it into town and my first sight was this

My first thoughts were how cruel to keep such a lovely animal in such a small home made paddock but as I was petting him I realized why...he was badly lame and his rear hoof was badly infected..
Quite a nice and happening little town.
The next question for you to ponder is did I stop here and buy a double waffle cone with strawberry and vanilla???
I bet you are all expecting a resounding yes right?? WRONG again...not at 8 dollars!!!!!
Had my lunch here
Looking at the first headland I have to go back over....took the same path home


I reckon I hiked about 14 km...no one was home so I made some tea and went up to the lounger on the outside deck with my Kobo reader for an hour before I decided I needed to test my surfing skills again so I drove down to that first beach and borrowed Mimi's Boogie board and very happy to report that I rode in all the way on 8 of 12 attempts and only drank maybe a gallon of sea water this time!!
Showered and got cleaned up and drove about 10 minutes to the bigger town in the opposite direction where I treated myself to fish and chips and then went to see this movie....

The Lady in the Van

  • Running time: 105 Minutes
  • Rating: (M) 15+
  • Director: Nicholas Hytner
  • Cast: Maggie Smith, Alex Jennings, Jim Broadbent
  • Session Times:
    Thursday 3rd to Wednesday 9th March - 9.50am, 1.40pm, 5.30pm, 7.25pm.
Dame Maggie Smith, a two-time Oscar� winner, recreates one of her most celebrated roles � the singular Miss Shepherd � in TriStar�s The Lady in the Van, Alan Bennett�s big-screen comedic adaptation of his own iconic memoir and honoured stage play. The tale is based on the true story of Miss Shepherd, a woman of uncertain origins who �temporarily� parked her van in Bennett�s London driveway and proceeded to live there for 15 years. What begins as a begrudged favour becomes a relationship that will change both their lives. Filmed on the street and in the house where Bennett and Miss Shepherd lived all those years, acclaimed director Nicholas Hytner reunites with Bennett (The Madness of King George, The History Boys) to bring this touching, poignant, and life-affirming story to the screen. M (Mature themes and coarse language)

It was a very unusual film well directed and I do like Maggie Smith..it may have been a tad slow in places but worth watching...

Now the last photo is totally egotistical but it is my blog what do you think ladies...a 14 km hike, 30 minutes of surfing and 67 years young!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

Dolphins are such intelligent animals! Imagine, joining the surfers to find out what all the excitement is about!

No comment on the last selfie, I don't want to be banned again!

mexicokid said...

amazing seeming them surf together like that and yes wise not to comment......cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...