Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday 29th November 2009….a full day

Had promised Sara a mystery tour today and about 10am we set off.  I ask you would you ride with this person????day19 001

The place I was going to was the Botanical Gardens and to get there required us going up a long, windy and steep hill and I am afraid that Bonita(the scooter) was just not powerful enough.  She is only 49cc and with two of us plus the gradient just not able to make it.  So we returned to the park and plan B took a taxi.

I have been here three times before but always like the peace and serenity of the area.

day19 002

day19 003

Hard to imagine anything growing here but the varied and many different cacti do survive.

day19 004

day19 005

We stopped for lunch and just enjoyed the sun and the quiet.day19 011

Not a very clear view of a spider’s web.

day19 014

day19 020

There is a small dam and a canyon and the water was used a 100 years ago for a textile mill.

day19 023 I was still hungry after my lunch!!!

day19 025

The mirador overlooking the city…

day19 029

day19 030

It was a lovely walk and an enjoyable afternoon.

After we got back to the park we went down to the RV park where Barb and Paco AKA Frank we staying we were invited for a game of Mexican Train and dinner.

day19 032

Sara looking pensive as the big game is about to start and of course my usual luck continued, only one winner here…way to go Barb!!!!day19 033

Thanks for a great meal and a visit……back home we ended the evening watching a movie…..another wonderful day!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...