Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday 17th July 2011….Ship Ahoy!!!!

After another great sleep got up and got ready and went with Doll and Bob to their local church!!!

july17 003The Anglican Church!!!!

The service was  enjoyable and it was interesting to see a female Minister and the service also included a Baptism which I was happy to see.

After the service Doll and Bob’s children Michael and Susan and Susan’s partner Scott came over and we all went to the next town where we rented a pontoon for the afternoon!!!

july17 006

july17 008

Susan and Scott!!

july17 009Now do you think I am having fun??

july17 010Skipper Michael!!

Some of the scenery!!!

july17 013

july17 015

We stopped here for lunch

july17 018

and I enjoyed watching the lock in operation!!!

july17 017

july17 019

july17 021

july17 022

july17 024

They sure packed the boats into the lock!!!

july17 027

I think this is a great photo of Doll and Bob!!!

july17 031

Love this tree and the roots!!

july17 035

july17 037

july17 039

It really was a wonderful afternoon thanks!!!

We all came back to the house and went for a swim which was so refreshing followed by BBQ hamburgers and then watched this incredible rain and wind storm come out of nowhere with torrential down pour which lasted about 20 minutes then calm and pleasant again.

After Susan, Michael and Scott left and Bob went to bed Doll and I sat and watched the last half of the Women’s world cup soccer final from the Germany…it was a great and exciting game and Doll really got into it!!!!!  Congratulations to Japan on their victory!!

So ends yet another wonderful day I am so lucky to have such great and special people in my life.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...