Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday 29th May 2014.....Day 52!!!!

Woke up to rain this morning and a bit cold ....after breakfast I got ready and borrowed Janet's car and went off for the morning and afternoon to Sheffield, 90 minutes away, to visit Margaret and Ian. Ian and i have been friends for over..wait for it...can it be true........55 years!!!!! Both avid soccer players in our youth we grew up together in our early teens and although we have been separated by many miles we always keep in contact and when ever I come to England always get at least one visit in with them. They took me out for a wonderful drive through the moors of Derbyshire unfortunately the weather was dull and not suitable for any photographs. We then stopped at a favorite pub where they treated me to lunch and we caught up on what is happening in our lives. Great to see you both again thanks!!!! Came home in time to go to Claire, Mark and young Tom's for dinner...Mark did the cooking and made a wonderful meal and another great evening.....so a full day!!! No time for Camino planning today but getting ready for my flight to Spain on Tuesday!!!! Yashi kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...