Monday, May 12, 2014

finishing off

Well it is now Monday morning 6am and I had a great sleep...I have read over what I wrote yesterday and sorry for all the mistakes I will get used to this small keyboard and will buy a small keyboard when I get to England will make it much better but will not take it to the Camino.
I got mixed up with the waterfalls yesterday they were both breathtaking and the one I was able to walk around lovely on all the waterfalls I have seem this was only the third I could walk around the others were in Oregon and Croatia.
On the post at the highest waterfall
 Obviously the song should have been amazing grace...will try to get better as I go along.
So let !e finish yesterday...the room is really nice
And the name of the b&b is very easy to pronounce
So after a cuppa o was back on the road exploring and on this long stretch of road I came across this visitors center with a few cars parked outside so I went in and this nice lady said l was just in time for a movie so o went and sat on the little auditorium and watched a fascinating 20 minute film on the big volcanic eruption which took place in 2010 and I realized the Lady in the movie was the same lady at the center.. The struggle they went through was simply amazing and of course I realized that this was the eruption that grounded those thousands of flights with all the ash in the air when I asked where her house was she said right across the highway.
A really neat place to see now I knew the history
Next it was down to the sandy beaches of a town called Vik and the different rock formations

Then found a shop selling wool products and went in and bought myself a nice pair of thick wool socks to use for slippers
I also bought an Icelandic soccer shirt wait for it the cheapest thing in this country.... FOUR.dollars
If any one makes any comments about a certain shiny patch on my head there is a blog ban in your future!!
I thought you only saw animals on the road in Mexico
When I was much younger I used to have a neat black and white wool sweater and now I know where it came from
This baby could only have been a few weeks old
Finally back at the B & B and going lambs

Well all done again sorry for the typos... Now going for breakfast and then heading east to the iceberg lagoon and then a long drive back home...see you tonight
Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Excellent photos. It looks like a trip of a lifetime. Those wool socks have me thinking about a pair. I'm looking on line. Have fun Les and be safe.

Carol said...

Great rocks! They should call it Rockland!

Carol said...

Ps... Meant to say I think that is the best soccer shirt ever!

mexicokid said...

See Chris a blog without FOOD!!the socks are so wonderful and Carol you would love all the varied formations... Can you see me walking down to the Jardinin this shirt!!!les

Wednesday 18th October 2017......a good day!!!

Just a quick post to tell you I won 125 pesos at poker this afternoon, always fun to be with the boys for fun and sometimes a few pesos.... ...