Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday 22nd February 2011….at last caught him in the act!!!!!

The casa here is located on a very quiet cul-de-sac and two blocks from the lake

feb22 011

and the rail road track is before the lake so about 100 yards away!!

feb22 006

feb22 008

It is a single line track and used for transporting goods..the trains pass by both ways about 15 a day and sometimes early in the morning or late at night.  One of the drivers I have named Pedro and he suffers from a strange disease called ”sounding the bell so loud syndrome”…he leans on that horn and it is so loud and then it sets the dogs off barking   BUT  by now I am used to it and I just laugh when I hear him and say…”There goes Pedro”.

Today I caught him in the act……

feb22 012

feb22 013

These was about 20 men on different cars…

feb22 017

feb22 019

I cannot pass up a train photo without thinking of my Dad and his Dad…both made a living and worked on the railways my Dad started his career there as a fireman before moving into the insurance business but my Grand Dad was a guard on the railways and spent his whole career there….

This morning after two hours of energetic tennis I went down town and used some of the tips I learned yesterday…

feb22 003

feb22 002

feb22 001

You may not want to hear this but I had an afternoon of sunbathing, reading, sleeping and eating…..

Then worked on Ramona and BBQ”d a nice steak….. now hockey, tea and cookies…..

Good luck with your tests tomorrow Guy!!Fingers crossed

1 comment:

Kevin Read said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...