Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday 27th June 2014...Camino Day 24!!!

Another good sleep but even though i had my own room I could hear the other pilgrims getting up at 6am and I still have not figured out yet why they do that oh well....I rolled over and went back to sleep. Breakfast was a bit sad this morning coffee or OJ which I had and a packaged cake which I did not have I still had fruit left from yesterday and was on the road by 7.45am and it looked like rain. Quite a lot of the walk was on and then into the woods again and not even barriers can stop this pilgrim!!! Well it had to happen RAIN!!!! but just enough for me get my back pack cover on did not bother with the raincoat as i was drenched from sweat anyway but it only lasted a few minutes. Talking of back packs..mine, Wolf, is such a blessing she holds everything i need the zippers work great and very padded and comfortable to say I have carried around 14 pounds of weight around for three weeks I have not felt any discomfort with my back or shoulders in fact I just put her on my back and go...a great buy for 99 dollars!!! Some shots from today.... The real deal from SMA!!!! I do not know if what Carol told me to do last week take a magnesium tablet every morning, put natural sea salts in my drink container and soak in the tub with Epsom salts is working or if it is just in my mind but I do feel strong...i seem to have cured the shin splint and the ankle swelling has gone but I still do take really good care of my legs and feet and toes at least a total of one hour every day and i still wear the tension bandages..but i feel strong all around. A bit longer walk today of 33 km but i needed to get to this town of Luarca a small port town and I arrived at 2.00pm. Found a nice small hotel almost right away for 30 Euros which includes breakfast got the milk and the ice and by now you know what the rest of the story is!!! What is a Pilgrim to do when there is no soccer game to watch...first time in two weeks no games in Brazil but tomorrow the real competition starts the knock out rounds.... So I went for a walk around town it is not really the prettiest town but still neat.. The church was full for Mass!! I found the grocery store and bought fixings for a nice sandwich with tea for tonight.......hard to believe it is almost 9pm already.... So i will post this then work on tomorrows plan and read and bed. Glad a lot of you are happy with the tattoo choice and placement although I still have some e mails telling me to re think!! Things I learned today.... If I take care of my feet and body they will take care of me. The ocean is a stimulus for me. I miss SMA I love my great friends. I love to sing when i am on my own but i am tone deaf. Blessings to everyone and have a great weekend .....les Yashi Kochi!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great reading your posts finally arrived fly out to Vancouver today :-) Take care Sam x x

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...