Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday 24th June 2014...Camino Day 21!!

Mexico did a good job and now move forward to the last 16 at the World cup more than can be said for the big power houses of soccer Italy, Spain and England!!! I did not have a good sleep last night I think I was missing the snorers(kidding) my legs felt tired and I was awake at 5am first bad sleep in a week good job I was planning to take the bus today. At 7am I went down for breakfast the lady that runs this small hostel is just lovely very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was good as was the little lunch I packed and i walked to the bust station and got the 8am bus to Gigon....it was 2 Euros and took 40 minutes and at the bust station i just went into the office and bought another ticket for 2.40 Euros to Alvies which was another 40 minutes and the scenery not great From the bus station I found the Camino trail. and walked about 2 hours but I really was not into it. ..my ankle was a little sore and I was tired so I came to a small town and passed a hotel and went in and got a room for 28 Euros and it was about 1pm and I was done for the day. Did the usual got my ice and milk and the room has all the usual First thing I did was sleep for 2 hours and then a long hot soak and I felt human again...went out for a short walk found a supermarket and bought some turkey meat and salad and OJ and came back to the room and ate whilst watching soccer..... Have just done some planning and some figuring out and also some time answering e mails... Obviously offering a great prize like I did yesterday has got the artistic juices flowing in you all and some of the replies were interesting from scallop shell, blisters, needle and thread, soccer ball, body parts were equally interesting even after my warning 4 of you said my butt, wrist , arm and ankle was the most popular but I have to tell you all that none of you are right..not even close on body part or design...remember contest closes on Saturday. With having lots of time to think which can be a dangerous thing for me I had yet another brain wave, yes I know another!!!! What to do with my shoes when I finish the Camino because they will be finished too.....this I will tell you.......most pilgrims after Santiago either take a bus or walk to a town called called Finisterre, which means the end of the world as this is the most western town in Spain and in the old days they thought the world finished there and the pilgrims usually go there to the beach and take their used stuff and set it on fire as a symbolic act but this Pearson boy likes to be different. I am going to take the laces out of my shoes and float the shoes away with a special thanks and when I get back home to SMA I am going to get the guy that framed my hockey shirt to put the laces and my pilgrims passport in a beautiful glass case frame and put it somewhere in my home!!! So I feel better than I did this morning and now ready for some tea and then bed I have a good walk planned for tomorrow thanks for all the e mails it is nice to have some fun!!! Things I learned today. Listen to my body. So glad I brought my electric coil. I miss my family and friends. I love music. One from the archives!!!!! Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...