Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday 26th June 2014...Camino Day 23!!!!!!!!

I cannot stand it any longer how can so many well educated, mostly with degrees, modern thinkers be unable to come up with a tattoo and even a body part no one remotely close. A lot of you focus on the shell scallopp and have it on my ankle or foot, others tiny feet on my biceps,if only I had biceps!!! Even one e x friend who is now banned for life from the blog suggested that my nose was big enough for a shell tattoo and then there was the female who i thought i knew much better that i did suggesting a tatoo of a walking stick on a part of my body which never sees the sun...she got a years free subcription for making me smile!!!! I cannot wait till Saturday for the contest to end it is too sad watching you all struggle so sit tight i am going to put you out of your misery.... First of all the tattoo.....what do i see many times a day every day without fail what do i see when doubts cross my mind about what I am doing and where i am going what do i see when I have challenges in my decision making of course the yellow arrow...... now do you get it.... A YELLOW ARROW!!! NOW THE BODY PART.........This journey has been such an event for me it has oened my eyes to my life the direction and fullfilment and always at a cross roads the arrows provide...I was told many times before I left that the Camino provides and so far every single day without fail the Camino has provided sometimes in very minor ways but also in big choices so the arrow is a sign to me and although it will live on in my heart and mind I would like to acknowledge it on my body. So this where I have chosen just change the blue for yellow!!!! AND now you know!!! The soccer games were entertaining last night and i was asleep before 11pm and slept till 7.30am...went down for a nice breakfast packed up and was on the road by 8am and again nice warm sunny weather. A little bit of road walking and then off into the forest even a fallen tree will not stop this pilgrim some beautiful flowers along the way and here you have to use your imagination as I am walking along the road listening to music having seen no one all day maybe 50 feet in front of me out pops Mum deer and baby deer right behind and they hop across the road no time for a photo....those of you that are long time readers know that the deer is a very important animal to me with special memories dated back to when my Dad passed away...so it was lovely to see them this morning... There seems to be a shortage of water fountains as I was seeing before in abundance so I often stop and ask at house for water and here is a kind lady washing my bottle before she re fills it!!! more views Now I know why all the doors have bags hanging from them!!! after 25 km I came into a small village and in a bar were a group of pilgrims some of whom I had met before they invited me to join them for lunch but i had just had lunch in the town before but i did go sit with them and visit..they were all staying across the street in a hostel which they said was nice and 15 euro for a single room. I checked my maps and the next town was 12 km away and it was about 2pm so i thought a good time to stop...The bar owner was also the owner of the hostel so I paid him my money and he walked me across the street and gave me the key.... it is a lovely old building very well maintained and the room nice two TV rooms but this pilgrim had work to do first before his tea then I relaxed for a while and decided I wanted to see if it is was possible to get down to the ocean and I asked at the bar and it was so i left all the pilgrims sitting around drinking wine and off I went.....so you be the judge who did you think had the more amazing time the wine drinkers or the pilgrim!!! What gorgeous scenes truly one of the best beaches of the journey. Came home and showered there is no Internet here but I think there is in the bar so if there is I shall post this and then try to find a TV that is showing the Germany v USA soccer game at 6pm... Jut watched the game and even though they lost the USA go through to the knock out stage so now I have Mexico and USA to cheer for!!!! So another good day 25km and again I felt strong hard to believe that I set out from Irun three weeks ago today not knowing what to expect and here I am now a seasoned veteran with over 525 km under my belt. Eliza I hoped you liked the ocean photos this one is for you i will stick with the beach whilst you have your mountains and tress!!! Things I learned today. It is easy get up put on your shoes and walk. The ocean is therapeutic for me. i love getting e mails from you all. My family is the best and i miss them. I miss Janet's's wingies too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yashi kochi!!!

5 comments:

Rick said...

Great photos Les!

Your question:
"well educated, mostly with degrees, modern thinkers be unable to come up with a tattoo"

Because, well educated, mostly with degrees, modern thinkers don't get tattoos.

Walk-on
Rick

mexicokid said...

Touche.....I know my Mum will turn over and say Leslie!!!!!!! best wishes les

Croft said...

Well, I would never have guessed an arrow. I did think you might have gone sot the walking stick idea one of your female readers had but being a tall man I had no idea how such a short walking stick would be of any help to you....

mexicokid said...

Croft I have no idea what you just wrote!!!!!!Cheers les

Croft said...

"gone WITH the walking stick idea .."

I don't know where that "sot" came from. But it is just as well you did not understand as I do not wish to be banned from your Blog yet again!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...