Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday 17th June 2014...Camino Day 14!!!

Well here I am again last night I read till about 10.30pm and then I was done I think the sheets and pillows on the bed were the softest I have ever used and I slept great till 6am I think habit has me waking up then but I just turned over and then it was 7.45am.......I ran the bath and had another long soak and then went downstairs for the breakfast which was good I had cereal with salt yes salt this is what happens when you forget to take our glasses down to the breakfast table and think you are utting sugar on your cereal in actual fact you are not..but cornflakes taste pretty good with salt!!! Fruit and a nice crossiant with jam and pastries and some of the food found it's way into my lunch bag...without a doubt this was the very best value for money and every detail had been taken care of by the staff. So for a change I was on the road not at 6am but at 9am and it was a beautiful morning. Today's hike is again on pavement but this time through very small villages and country roads and I think I only got passed by a dozen vehicles this was nice. Some views on the road... This area is reknown for growing lemons apparently the mountains, the weather patterns re just perfect Augusto 88 years young!!! This church in a small way reminded me of SMA although the church there is far greater in every respect. Spain is the cleanest country I have ever seen many driven sweeping carts many workers sweeping and thousands of these bins around!! Then it was at my destination and the sea again!!! No accomodation booked so I just walked into the old part of town and this was the first place I saw..... 20 Euros and I was sold a very nice room in a small well run hostel, a little kitchen and a place to watch the big game later tonight. I did my usual laundry a pilgrim's work is never done.. ...found some milk in the fridge and had tea and a short nap. Then went a couple of blocks to a supermarket and bought some supplies for supper and yes Ice Tea and chips for the big game. Next it was off to explore the old town and the monuments!!! Now it was time for the beach and my feet loved walking in the ocenan....this is a great town. Now you have some work to do..look at the photo below and imagine this is you standing in this ocean up to your knees looking at the great view because this was me ....then I started to sing Amazing Grace as loud as I could it was one of those moments...so go to You tube and music and search for Amazing Grace sung by II Divo and listen to it...will blow you away!!! Came home and fixed a nice chicken salad and now going for a shower...... At 9pm going to watch that big game I keep talking about Brazil V Mexico and then bed. For reasons I cannot exlain I spent a lot of time thinking about Bermuda on the walk today.......in 1970 I left my life as a Bobby in England and went to the little Island of Bermuda as a Policeman and it was a huge 10 years of my life...I did everything from motor cycyle cop(not very sucessfully) detective, undercover agent and a special treat I was the personal bodyguard for the American Consul General' the first and last time I wore a firearm......I played soccer at a high level and my claim to fame as to play against the most famous of British players, George Best who sadly had a hard life off the field and now has been gone a few years I would like to tell you that I stopped him in his tracks that day and he scored no goals...I would like to tell you that but it would be untrue!!!! I also house sat the Governors private residence for nearly two years...had a MGB sports car and just a play boy type of life...I dated a woman who went on to become Miss Bermuda and also dated the stand in for actress Jacquline Bissett, who was filming the movie the Deep...then in 1980 I married my wife Connie and we and her children emigrated to Canada but that is another story... So 25km today a good walk I know I am getting stronger each day and so thrilled my toe, feet and knees are hanging in there..... Things I learned today. It helps to smile at everyone I have great and wonderful friends I am a sports nut I miss my tennis I love the ocean the sound, the smell and the sights. I miss my Mum!!! ELIZA.if you read this please send me another e mail your last one got lost in cyber space..I hope you are staying where I stayed last night andf this place is great and right on the Camino and the town lovely...miss seeing you on the road!!! Blessings ... Yashi Kochi!!!

6 comments:

Croft said...

By a strange coincidence, we have an Irishman in our guest room tonight who did the Camino four years ago!

Paula and Jerry said...

Happy to see you haven't broken any clotheslines along the Camino! You still have lots of time, though! Keep on truckin', Les. You must be very close to the half way mark! Congrats to you!

mexicokid said...

Thanks guys yes lots of peole have done this and dont be a smarty pants girl and yes I think in 3 more days halfway best wishes to you all les

mexicokid said...

Thanks guys yes lots of peole have done this and dont be a smarty pants girl and yes I think in 3 more days halfway best wishes to you all les

mexicokid said...

Thanks guys yes lots of peole have done this and dont be a smarty pants girl and yes I think in 3 more days halfway best wishes to you all les

mexicokid said...

Thanks guys yes lots of peole have done this and dont be a smarty pants girl and yes I think in 3 more days halfway best wishes to you all les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...