Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday 21st June 2014.....Camino day 18!!!

No idea how but after I came back fro the library I was able to get internet in the apartment it keeps getting better anyway found out that due to other soccer results in Brazil that England are knocked out so two really big upsets along with Spain not making the next round. I had a great sleep till 7.30am and whilst having my morning cup of tea made another smart decision for those counting that is two in two days...I decided to stay put today. I noticed that my leg was still a bit tender but also my ankle was swollen so another rest day was my choice. First of all I had to check I could stay another day so i walked to the place where I was yesterday and rang the bell and the same lady came down and i asked to stay today also and she said of course so I gave her another 20 Euros that is about 29 dollars and went back "home" and proceeded to have the most relaxing and lazy day I have had in years!!!! I did tend to my ankle and leg with gel and ice and bathing and bandaging!!! You have heard me mention my friend carol in SMA well not only is she my go to girl for Nexus and techie help she also read about my injury and wrote me a lovely e mail this morning....she is very educated and had done some research for me and she believed my body was lacking Magnesium and also sea salts and she suggested that I try to buy these two items and take them daily.....I have never been big on pills but I trust Carol and went to the pharmacy and bought both sea salt the natural kind and Magnesium tablets and also bought my self a tensor bandage for my ankle and I came home and treated myself to all of these things the other thing i bought at this store These are the old ones!! was new in soles for my shoes I believe in the theory that if it is not broke don't fix it but I just felt I had too many miles on the old in soles anyway I put the new ones in at the store and they felt like cushions on the way home...so with new in soles new pills and gels and bandages and treating myself i feel confident I shall be back on the road tomorrow. I spent a lovely hour sunbathing on the deck then a long hot shower more tea, fruit and perhaps a cookie or two and it was 5pm...I decided to go for a little stroll and I found that I missed walking so went here to the church at the top of the hill the views were spectacular and i felt great!!! Back home got an e mail from Eliza and she is in a town 10 km behind me so I tried to contact her to meet here tomorrow and then continue on but not sure if she will get the e mail i hope so!!! Cooked a nice omelette and now soaking my feet writing this and then going to have another shower and it will be bed time. It felt so good just to be kind to my body today as it has been really good to me the last two weeks. As I was messing around on the computer and you tube I came across this singer and I ask you to go to you tube search for Halle hula sung by nervous Anna Clendening...she is my hero for today!!! Things I learned today I am OK I have special friends my body is good to me I miss my SMA life Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you're Leg is a bit better after your rest. We've got Andy round and I've just cooked a Sunday roast take care x

mexicokid said...

thats great Sam apart from the sunday roast that was cruel..have a great day blessings les

Unknown said...

Dessert was treacle sponge and custard :-) when you get back I'll cook you a meal and some wingies x x

mexicokid said...

you area cruel woman sometimes!!!!!L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...