Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday 22nd June 2014..Camino Day 19!!!

I was asleep by 11pm last night but before that I heard back from Eliza and we have arranged to meet at the bridge here in town at 9am tomorrow so i shall enjoy seeing her and walking with her tomorrow. Had another good sleep and up at 6am my ankle is still slightly swollen but the pain has gone so first thing this morning after taking my magnesium tablet was to soak my feet in the bowl with sea salts then a long hot shower breakfast and to make sandwiches for lunch and I left this lovely apartment just before 9am...I have really enjoyed my two days here still marvel at the price and the beauty and location of the apartment..... my last tea!!! A beautiful sunny morning and not long before I see Eliza crossing the bridge with Sam a new pilgrim to me and Kevin the English guy i met the first day!! Eliza and I walked together all day and caught up on all our Camino experiences..she is from Poland 37 years old and speaks great English....some of the views along the way We came to this great beach and both decided our feet needed to have the cool ocean flowing over our aching legs it was a great break!!! Home sweet home!!! Eliza had already walked 10km when she met me and so we were both pretty tired we walked about 23km and the next little town there was a hostel and we decided we would spend the night there but we could not pass by this ice cream stand without stopping another pilgrim took this photo and notice that Eliza is walking in her sandals with her boots attached to her back pack...the guy that took the photo turned to Eliza and said to her have you lost a boot with horror she checked her pack and sure enough one boot only...the guy said I saw a boot about 25 minutes ago on the trail. Now my lovely and special Mother may not have raised the sharpest kid in the box but she did raise a gentleman and I told Eliza I would go back and get it she protested and said she would go it was her boot but I knew I could not let her do that so I sat her down at a restaraunt and told her this pilgrim would be back..and sure enough about 2-3 km back there was her boot which I returned to her she was feeling so guilty but also so thankful. We carried on the the hostel and because it was late we were told it was full but a guy offered his bed to Eliza and said he would sleep on the floor...at first she did not want to do that and wanted to stay with me but i knew she was done for the day...so I told her to take his kind offer and I would continue on and the Camino would provide........we talked for a few minutes because tomorrow she turns left at Villavicisa to go towards Oviedo leaving the Northern Camino to go on what they call the Primativo...so we hugged said our goodbyes and have arranged to meet in Santiago at noon on the 11th July on the steps of the Cathedral!!! So I continued on maybe 4 km and came across this hotel I know I was going to stay there because I was done for the day too!!!! Well now i wish Eliza would have stayed she missed out on some luxuries...30 Euros and the usual bathtub big bed soft sheets and even a famous pilgrim's foot bath the room is great The first thing I did was soak in the tub then laundry and then down for dinner I am pretty sure I am the only one staying in this hotel. Now having tea of course with borrowed milk and writing my blog but i feel an early night coming on. My ankle is a touch swollen but i have iced and gelled and taped it and I am sure I shall be like new tomorrow. Walked 25km today Things I learned today after 5 hour's walking ice cream is the best!!! There are many special people in this world and I know lots of them. I love the ocean. Miss my family!!! Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...