Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday 13th June 2014..Camino day 10!!!

So after I posted last night I really enjoyed the first half of the first soccer game from Brazil and I say the first half because at half time the bar owner closed the bar it was only 11pm and myself and the hostel's worker were the only ones there so I had to wait till tonight to find out the score. Last night was the worst night ever not only did it appear that everyone snored but also a lot of laughing I think some of the pilgrims had too much vino with supper and then at 5.30am the alarms start to go off and the zips back and forth I really got very little sleep so I joined them and got up and was on the road by 6am. I have decided that the Camino is going to be one of the most important journey of my life and I will not let it be spoiled or lessened by the snorers so I have decided that from today i will try to get alternative accommodations where I can but I know this will not always be possible and when I do stay in hostels I will not complain or write about their antics it is what it is and I cannot change their ways so let it be and I am OK with this...... This morning was different a huge thick mist covered almost everything and after a few minutes of walking I was wet from the dampness. Stairs a nice way to start the morning this photo is taken after i walked up them!! I could hear the ocean but not really see it....the first few km were on paths where these cuties were keeping warm!!! and then onto a secondary round and then into a small city where I found a really good and inexpensive supermarket where I bought juice, turkey, fruit and bread and went down to the water's edge and had breakfast!! As I mentioned last night I had booked a hotel for tonight and after 7 hours with these scenes I arrived. Future pilgrims they all say Buen Camino when I go by!! I cannot help but gloat look at that tub!!!!! The room is great and I asked at the front desk and they gave me milk and ice and I had tea and a snack and then I hit the hay. Slept wonderfully for 2 hours and then went for a walk around the property it is very pretty. Came back and had a 45 minute jacuzzi bath!!! At 6.00pm mmmm what did I do??? Oh yes I remember here I am!!!! This photo contains nudity!!!! One hour of soothing and wonderful hands by a beautiful young lady she knew I was a pilgrim and spent lots of time on my feet and legs it was a really great massage made much more wonderful when afterwards instead of charging me the going rate of 55 Euros she charged me 30 Euros and said "Buen Camino" This just goes to show that the Camino does provide which is what i was told by many people and read on many blogs and it is so true and her kindness was just a example ....another small blessing was this morning on the walk I was in a field like setting and knew I had missed a sign and was lost and I not seen anyone when suddenly a woman and her dog appear and set me on the right track...these kinds of events happen every day!! So I just fixed myself another nice turkey sandwich with juice and I am hoping the tv in the room will show the Spain and Netherlands soccer game tonight at 10.00pm. Today's walk of 29 km was hard for me because I was tired when I started but one foot in front of the other I think now I have cracked the 200km barrier. I feel great now my body is relaxed and the massage was superb!!!! Today is Paola's Birthday she is 13 years old and I do miss her and hope she has a special day!! Also yesterday was Janet's special day she was honored with being the President of the Inner Wheel in her town which is a rotary based club. I hope with all her duties she is still able to bake her favorite Brother in law's wingies!!! Talking of food I have had it with that once was my special friend Linda she has this twisted notion of sending me an e mail every day telling me of the food she and Guy are having ...today it was apple strudel.......I may have to block her e mails and give her a blog ban!! Things I learned today. The Camino does provide. I have very special friends(except Linda) Some of the best things in life are not things I miss all that is SMA It is better to give...... Yashi Kochi!!!

3 comments:

Croft said...

You are an inspiration!

Croft said...

Mexico is off to a good stat in the World Cup. They play again on Tuesday against Brazil!

mexicokid said...

KINGS RULE big guyand thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...