Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday 25th June 2014..Camino Day 22!!!!

Cannot believe that no one has even guessed what the tattoo will be and not even close on the body part..come on contest ends Saturday!!! Had a really good sleep and woke up at 7.45am remembering a dream I just had.....I was getting the most luxurious massage I have ever had...hope this dream comes true!! I also woke up with out a pain in my ankle or leg and went down for breakfast you know by now what happens next!!!! Got ready and looked out the window and it sure looked like rain so I reluctantly got out my back pack cover and my rain jacket and put them at the top of my pack and was on the road by 8.30am Now I have to thank Eliza because she was the one that told me about the app....Mapswithus....which I downloaded to my Nexus and unlike Google maps you do not need to be connected to the Internet....I knew I was off the Camino by a couple of km and with the app was able to figure out which way to go this morning to get back on and sure enough within 20 minutes i was back to these!!!! It was a great day to walk no blazing sun and after a couple of km of road into really nice forest paths You know it is going to be a good day when you come by a waterfall even if it is only a small one!!!! More views... I was feeling really strong today no issue with my leg and just feeling wonderful and fit!!! After 24 km it was time to stop and I was in this beautiful village called Cudillero by the ocean and as always found this great hostel for 25 euros all the usual except no bath in this one!! Got my milk and ice and proceeded with the ritual of washing clothes, icing leg and having tea!!!! Did not feel like a nap so just read my book on the Nexus and after 4pm went and walked into town and took these photos it is a neat place. Came home and watched the first half of the game between Nigeria and Argentina and then went back up the hill was hungry and found this small bar where i ordered an OJ and a burger and fries, I needed comfort food, the owner and his wife were so friendly and produced one of the best burgers I have tasted and a mountain of french fries and because i was a pilgrim only charged me 5 euros and I also watched the second half of the game there!!! Back home had a long hot shower and shaved and then took care of my feet and now doing this post whilst drinking tea!!!! This song kept going through my head today play it I think you will like it the meaning is quite appropriate and apt!!! You tube Tim McGraw singing "Live like you were dying" Tonight is a big day for my family on the Bank in Nanaimo..Heather and kirby's youngest son Zach, who has won a golf scholorship to Pullman in washington state is celebrating his Graduation..well done kid!!!! Sorry I could not bethere but was thgrilled to bethere for his prom back in May!!! Thanks for sending this to me Linda thought I would share!!!!! Stress Management for Women A young lady confidently walked around the room while leading and explaining stress management to an audience with a raised glass of water. Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full?' She fooled them all .... "How heavy is this glass of water?" she inquired with a smile. Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz. She replied , "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "and that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on." "As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden - holding stress longer and better each time practiced. So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. 1 * Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue! 2 * Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them. 3 * Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. 4 * Drive carefully... It's not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker. 5 * If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague. 6 * If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it. 7 * It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. 8 * Never buy a car you can't push. 9 * Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on. 10 * Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. 11 * Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late. 12 * The second mouse gets the cheese. 13 * When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. 14 * Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live. 15 * Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once. 16 * We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box. 17 * A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour. 18 * Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 19 * Save the earth..... It's the only planet with chocolate! Well I am so pleased to report tht I cracked the 500km mark today hard for me to believe i have walked 500km!!!! I felt the strongest I have been today no problems with my anjle or leg and just felt vert strong emotionall, physically and it was a good day!!! Things i learned today. So many people are kind. A smile costs nothing neither does an hello!! My friends...what can i say!!!!! I may have to tell where the tattoo is because nobody is even close never mind about trying to figure out what it will be!!!! Yashi Kochi!!!! 

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...