Sunday, October 02, 2016

Sunday 2nd October 2016...mini train trip!!!

I left Hull this morning to go down to London for 3 days to see my friend Anne and see the sights in London which is something I have not really done for many years...
Firts I took a train from Hull to Doncaster and as you can see had the whole carriage to myself!!

 This is the platform where on a day in April 1970 I said goodbye to my Mum and Dad and ventured off to a new life in Bermuda I shall never forget that day or the look on my Mum's face!!!
 Boarded this train and that is when the fun started....
 Earlier in the morning a train further south had collided with 11 cows on the track and caused a major breakdown and blocked the lines and no trains were getting through.....we were shunted from one train to another but eventually left on a very fast non stop train.....

This is one of the biggest soccer stadiums in the country...
 I always like reflection photography...
 Made some calls to Anne and we hooked up much later than planned and it was great to see her again....my room is lovely!!
Anne made a fabulous dinner and we then went into the local town hall where on Wednesday she is performing in a play and tonight was a rehearsal which I was happy to see......she is good she portrayed and old lady!!!!

Tomorrow off to see the queen!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...