Saturday, October 22, 2016

Saturday 22nd October 2016...last full day on the Bank!!!!

Saturday is usually soccer Saturday and today was no exception..I was up at 7 am to watch my Brother's team Hull play Stoke in the English Premier league...it was cool to know that as I watched 4 members of my family were in attendance at the game unfortunately they did not get the result they wanted as Hull lost 0-2!!!!!!

I then just happened to watch another live game whilst munching on home made fresh blueberry muffins that Heather just pulled out of the oven.

Did some more final trip preparations before taking Boomer out on his last long walk!!!

 This time to an off leash dog park and he enjoyed messing with the other dogs.....the park is next to the great soccer stadium and I knew I wanted to watch part of this game...
 It is a collegiate soccer game and for many years this is where I spent my weekends reffing high level soccer games and enjoying every minute of it....

This game was of particular interest to me because of the referee...
 I have known Matt since he was 13 years old and he was a junior ref when i was in charge of the education and mentoring system for the Juniors....back then I knew Matt had potential but he also had a little streak of non compliance!!!

I watched emerge as a great Junior Ref and then progress to the senior ranks.....I always see him when I come to Nanaimo and he is a great young man and is now one of the elite refs in the province and I am very proud of him!!!
  This is a good action shot!!!....
 I did not stay for the whole game as it turned a tad cold!!

These two were resting on the neighbors lawn!!

Tonight I treated Heather and Ben and Mia and Alex to a nice dinner at the local pub......

I have watched Heather and Kirby's three boys Ben, Alex and Zach from young teenagers to fine young men all doing so well in their varied and engaging lives!!!

Heather and I then went home and watched a good movie.

So tomorrow it is time to start the long drive back to San Miguel although I only go about 60 km tomorrow!!

I am meeting my old friend Sara she lives in Duncan which is still on the Island and we are going to a matinee production of a Norm Foster play, he is a very funny Canadian playwright and I have seen some of his plays and they are a hoot....afterwards Sara is cooking dinner and I am staying the night there before I drive down the next morning to Victoria to catch the ferry to Port Angeles...so stay tuned for the final segment of this amazing journey!!

Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Looking forward to reading all about it. Safe travels.

mexicokid said...

thanks so much cheers L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...