Saturday, October 08, 2016

Saturday 8th October 2016....THE GOLDEN WEDDING!!!!!!

50 years ago Janet and Malc said I do and how amazing to be here on the anniversary day!!!!!!!

All the work has been done and now we just all have to enjoy this magnificent celebration......Janet was up early and off to the hairdresser's and I went for my last almost 4 mile walk around the village and it was nice way to start the day as I think there may be lots of sitting and eating in my future the next three days!!!

The day was spent getting ready for guests and some decorations to the room at the Inn where the party is to be held.....

6.00 pm this lovely couple was ready and starting to greet guests....


and at 7.00 pm 21 family and friends were seated and the evening began.....just enjoy the photos as much as we all enjoyed being there.....

 Janet with Aunty Rita and Uncle Bram and their daughters Jill on the left and Karen..



 Liz and Ivan who is Janet's Brother..
 Maureen and Brian...Janet's sister
 Sam and Andy two of Janet and Malc's children
 Karen and her husband John, Karen is my cousin..
 Claire and mark and their son Tom.....Mark is J & M's third child...
 Shelia and Peter...Shelia is my cousin on my Mum's side...
 you know these two already!!!!
 Jill and Ian...Jill is my cousin...
 The boys!!!!
 Malc's 45 minute speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 My speech was much shorter and I presented them both with gold medals!!
 Janet and her bridesmaids!!!!!!



it was a celebration to beat all celebrations!!!!!

I am so proud of Janet and Malc and all my family and the way they have always treated me so wonderfully!!!!

What a day!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

High five on their 50th Wedding Anniversary!! What an accomplishment and the dinner looks truly top notch. And hey, 45 minutes is only a little less than 1 minute per year... :) Bravo Malc and Janet... what an example you set for the rest of us. Blessings... <3 and Hugs. Carol

mexicokid said...

I passed on the very kind comments but sorry I do not get the 45 min comment.....have a great sunday hope your classes are going well blessings les

Carol said...

I meant that they've been married for 50 yrs, so for him to give a talk that was 45 minutes allocates approximately 1 minute of speaking for 1 year of marriage!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...