Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wednesday 26th October 2016....the melting butter test!!!!

G & W treated me to a lovely breakfast at the restaurant in their huge complex and it was good and a great start to the day....we then called June on What's app, I don't know what that is but it enabled us to see and speak to June who is in England and the 4 of us talked about a year ago when we on the cruise..modern technology!!!

I said my fond farewell and thank you and was on the road by 10 am and it was sunny and warm.....a driving day of another 700 km but mainly on the Interstate which was quite boring...I did see this van and it reminded of the Juicy car rental I had in New Zealand!


I turned inland and joined the 101 highway down the coast but this was really the only view of the ocean I could get from the car!!

It was a good drive and I arrived at 5.30 pm!!

So what is the butter test??

When I had the RV the snowbirds that came down from the north always judged the weather and when they were in the sun belt if the butter left out would melt.....so today it would so out come the shorts again I am happy to say.

About 15 years ago in Puerto Penasco, a sleepy Mexican town close the the Arizona border I met Stella and her daughter Caron and Caron's two boys....we became really good friends that kind of friendship when you don't see each other for a year but when you do you fall right back into the mix and so it is with these two beautiful ladies and of course you all know that Stella is Ashley's Granny!!!

So I arrived at Caron and John's house and Stella was there and I was just in time for a delicious dinner, my timing was perfect!!

It was wonderful catching up again but we were all a bit tired so an early night as tomorrow I have the pleasure of playing tennis with Stella, Caron and another lady I have not met before...I look forward to that event!!!
Stay tuned!!

The journey today!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

It's so much nicer on the 101 than the I5. Glad you made the switch. Have a good match.

mexicokid said...

it was fabulous cheers L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...