Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday 17th February 2016....... a nice drive and then a surprise, well not really!!!!

After breakfast said goodbye to John and on the road just after 9am...it was a non descript kind of day a bit bleary windy and rain in the air.......
My destination today was Bemm River about 125 km away...
Most of the drive was on a main highway until I turned off heading towards Bemm River and this was the road


So what about the surprise???
After a few days of staying in people's homes I wanted a few days to myself so I booked this cabin in this tiny town....the reviews and photos were wonderful so I sort of knew what to expect but I was totally blown away!!!!
Come for a tour of my cabin!!!!


Fresh bread, muffins, bacon and eggs, milk OJ and fresh veggies from here



Second bedroom and then a gorgeous bathroom, washing machine which I used not all play as you can see...
Karen and Paul are just lovely people and after i was settled in Paul came and asked if I wanted to go with him in his 4 wheel drive Jeep to see the area and of course I did....the town really is only about 50 homes, a general store and a camp site and it is situated on a large lake that joins the ocean..it was a great tour



Good job we were in a 4 by 4 a couple of tight spots!!!



When I came back this basket was on my stoop
Paul suggested a nice walk for me and i took it about 7km return to the river
Took this photo with my full zoom nice thoroughbreds but do you see something on the horse?????
This is Karen's rose garden!!!
After a lovely supper and a long soak under the rain forest shower head I watched a movie and now time for my book and bed!!
My profile on Airbnb tells me that this is my 56th stop in various countries and this one has to rate in the top three...what a place....
Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...