Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday 12th February 2016.....back in this cool city!!!


Had to share the morning laugh with you thanks Inga for sending this on...

Sean is the vicar of a Protestant parish , and Patrick is the priest at the Roman Catholic Church across the road.
One day they are seen together, erecting a sign which says:
"THE END IS NEAR.
TURN YOURSELF AROUND NOW
BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE."
As a car speeds past them, the driver leans out his window and yells, "Leave people alone, you religious nutters. We don't need your lectures."

From around the next curve they hear screeching tires and a big splash. Shaking his head, Father Patrick says "Dat's da third one this mornin'."
"Yaa," Sean agrees, then adds, "Do you tink maybe the sign should just say "BRIDGE CLOSED"?

Had a wonderful and healthy breakfast and said my good byes to Kate and I was on the road by 9am...it is about 110 km to Melbourne and the plan was to drive to the city and I knew a place I could park all day and then take the trams and go visit the large Victoria Market, check out car hire prices, visit the Information centre and then take a tram out to St.Kilda's which is a recommended beach area and then get a tram back to the car and find the house where I was staying for two nights.
I would like to tell you that this worked perfectly and I had a wonderful time but alas it was not so...The drive into the city was OK quite a bit of traffic but I was mainly on Free ways.....I then had to negotiate the down town busy centre and found the parking place and got my hiking shoes on and my back pack ready with drinks and some food and then I made the horrific discovery that I had left my camera and charger at the house in Ballarat!!!!!
In all the travelling I do and moving from place to place I have become really good at making sure I take everything with me.....but no excuses I messed up this time but I do know how it happened.....I plugged in the camera before I went to bed in the outlet where my computer was plugged in but this morning I unplugged the computer and really did not even see the camera, packed the computer up and that is the story.
I really had no choice here other than to get in the car and do the drive back to Ballarat and this is what I did....
Took me about 85 minutes and Kate was surprised to me again...my camera was exactly where I had left it and I was back on the road again a few minutes later..another hot drive back to the city and when I eventually got to the house where I am staying it was 5.30pm......no point getting mad at myself I admit my mind was elsewhere this morning but at least I was lucky enough to be able to return and get the camera....
So I am now well settled in a lovely old home about 10km outside of the city and my hostess Lorraine is lovely and kind...the room is great and I have access to all parts of the home...




The best news is that Lorraine has a dog so meet....wait for it...Tilley!!!!


The same name and breed of dog that I became so close to in Christchurch when I house sat for three weeks....
After I showered and changed I asked if I could take her for a walk and I did there is a lovely walking path by the house and Tilley was great.


So an eventful day and now I look forward to my day tomorrow.
I have been keeping you in the dark about why I have returned to Melbourne and I have mentioned a concert I can now tell you that tomorrow I am going to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo......they are bringing a replica of the castle and over 1200 performers from all over the world for 5 concerts in one of the soccer stadiums and I have a ticket.
I really love these kind of events and I was fortunate to attend the Edinburgh tattoo 5 years ago with my family so this will be a real treat.
The show starts at 1.00pm and afterwards I hope to go see some of the places that I did not get to see today and then I hope to attend a local soccer derby tomorrow night...I have not got a ticket yet but I feel confident I shall be able to get one tomorrow so hopefully be at a soccer game tomorrow night!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...