Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Wednesday 9th December 2015……a day’s outing!!

Before I tell you about today let me finish off yesterday….The roast lamb dinner was delicious and just what I needed….I then got cleaned up and went down town to the majestic Regent theatre where there was a packed house of over 300 locals to hear this lady…

DSC00572

This lady was truly inspirational she was diagnosed last year with MND.Motor neurone disease and with her husband went travelling knocking off items on her bucket list….she showed images on the big screen and one was of a house in Nanaimo where her great great Grandmother lived

DSC00566

I think she married this man……I spoke to merle after the presentation and told her how much I had enjoyed her and wished her good luck and added that I lived over 20 years in Nanaimo she was so thrilled to hear that…..

I then walked down to the sea and took these shots the wind was howling and it was cold…

DSC00567

The town has a reputation for being the capitol of drift wood and the town is spelled here ut of drift wood.

DSC00568

DSC00569

DSC00571

Came home had tea and now going to read in bed!!!

Had a good sleep and Dorothy made me a wonderful breakfast and i was on the road by 9am to do a tour around the area and then i am back in town for two nights but at a different place.

I used my book and my first stop was here

DSC00577

DSC00580

DSC00593

DSC00573

DSC00575

DSC00576

This was a road side memorial and when you read this remember it was over 70 years ago!!

DSC00614

DSC00606

DSC00610

The roads I was going on were getting smaller and smaller

DSC00617

It has been at least two days since a waterfall shot!!!

DSC00619

That is not dirty water just sediment.

I then used my book to go here

DSC00628

A really small path

DSC00627

Found the sign

DSC00629

and the walk by the river

DSC00631

Then the track moved inland and the path was waterlogged in many places

DSC00643

and I did something I do not usually do I turned around and decided to go back..the clouds were coming in and I did not think this was going to be a long hike and I was not prepared with anything so did not see the bridge…later found out from my host at the airbnb place that I was about ten minutes away!!!

These are the animals I encountered today!!

DSC00616

DSC00623

DSC00625

DSC00645

I decided because of all the driving I am doing on back and gravel roads that I should trade in TP for a more suitable vehicle and I found one this afternoon!!!!!!

DSC00646

Went into town to do some shopping and the first sign of the season I have seen!!!

DSC00647

Sorry i do not know why some of these photos are smaller and blurry and why this one is this way up!!!

Found my place for two nights a very lovely home I have my own small but nice bedroom and bathroom and the use of the kitchen and lounge and the hosts provide breakfast…65 dollars per night.

DSC00648

I am going out to town for fish and chips and then back to the theatre I went to last night to see the new James Bond movie!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...